Born in Memphis, Tennessee, he rapidly became a highly respected musician, winning two Grammys for his debut solo album, "Justified". Timberlake was most recently nominated for an Academy Award® for the song "CAN'T STOP THE FEELING!" from the film Trolls for which he won his 10th Grammy.
It'll be the first time since 2004 that Timberlake will perform at the NFL's biggest game, which is apparently long enough for broadcasters to simmer down over the $700,000 fine levelled against CBS for the nipple incident. He has also won four Emmy awards for his appearances on weekly variety show "Saturday Night Live".
16 policemen killed in Egypt shootout
Cairo has struggled to contain an insurgency since its military led a coup against Egypt's first democratically-elected leader. Combing operations continue in the deserted region as the security forces are trying to flush out the remaining insurgents.
This will be the third time for Timberlake to perform at halftime, the most for any entertainer.
In 2017, Lady Gaga performed during the game's halftime show.
Bid submitted for Cleveland to be the site of Amazon's second headquarters
It would be close to a new Google Sidewalk Labs mixed-use neighbourhood planned for the east side of Toronto, known as Quayside. Calgary's bid mentions the large volume of office space already built in the city and empty due to widespread lay-offs.
This year's performance is sponsored by Pepsi, and boasts the largest single audience for a musical event every year.
It is immediately unclear whether anyone will join Timberlake on the halftime stage. More tangentially, Timberlake might add a little local flavor into the show in another way: He's a devout Prince fan, so lets hope he would pay tribute to the late Minneapolis legend (and greatest halftime act ever).
20th annual breast cancer walk in Harrisburg
In Ghana, breast cancer continues to occupy the first position in mortality as far as cancers are concerned. Danielle Anderson, an American Cancer Society committee member, was dressed as Wonder Woman for the walk.
The Pepsi Super Bowl LII Halftime Show is an NFL Network Production and will be executive produced by Ricky Kirshner and directed by Hamish Hamilton.
- 'Mentally unstable, armed with nukes': United States billionaire looks to impeach Trump
- 'Missing' journalist Zeenat Shahzadi recovered after more than 2 years
- Insect decline prompts new 'eco church' plea
- Five former US Presidents join forces to aid hurricane survivors
- Donald Trump promises $35000 to family of fallen soldier, they're still waiting
- Fox kept Bill O'Reilly despite $32M sexual harassment settlement
- Uganda expels North Korea military experts over United Nations sanctions
- 'Linking Aadhaar with bank accounts mandatory': RBI's diktat has Twitter divided
- Venus at number one? Could happen at WTA Finals
- Happy Diwali to all those who are celebrating