The national side have become particularly reliant on Messi since his U-turn on retirement from global football, and needed his goals against Ecuador to ensure qualification for next year's tournament.
"We want to reach the World Cup in the best way", Messi was quoted on the official Twitter handle of the Argentine Football Association on Saturday.
"He understood the philosophy of the game and was very active even though he didn't have much space".
"I hope we never end up without Messi", the defender after Saturday's game.
#OutOfOffice: How women are marking Equal Pay Day
The group said the gap expanded to 26 percent for women of Pakistani and Bangladeshi origin and to 24 percent for women of African origin.
Argentina struggled to break down Russia's defense but coach Jorge Sampaoli saw encouraging signs. "We played in a bold, direct manner".
Messi and Argentina are preparing to face 2018 World Cup hosts Russian Federation in a friendly on Saturday. They are Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, Poland and France. "We play many games in the season - the Champions League, the Copa del Rey, La Liga, plus everything about the national team and the trips", Messi said.
"The team dominated Rusia at home and we have to continue moving forward collectively ahead of what's coming".
Aguero's goal took him level with Hernan Crespo for third place on the list of Argentina's all-time goal scorers, and Sampaoli sung his striker's praises.
Chicago Bulls To Host 2020 NBA All-Star Game
Cleveland had previously been vying to host the league's next available All-Star Game, targeting the 2020 and 2021 exhibitions. It's something that Emanuel has been pushing for to come to Chicago for a long time and now he got his wish.
Cherchesov said playing against 2014 World Cup finalist Argentina was ideal preparation for Russian Federation to learn how to pull off a shock against higher-rated opposition at the World Cup.
Cherchesov added: "I think our defence played correctly from a tactical point of view but we were unable to start quality attacks, especially in the first half, when we had the ball".
"I think the opponent was stronger than us and there are some more hard matches waiting for us".
AT&T CEO: DOJ never demanded CNN sale in Time Warner deal
AT&T has argued against selling off either company's assets, as it believes this would undercut the rationale for the tie-up. AT&T's chairman and CEO Randall Stephenson said in a statement Wednesday that he wanted to "set the record straight".
- Eminem And Beyonce Collab On The Rapper's Comeback Song 'Walk On Water'
- Now you can actually have 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'
- Mueller Investigating Flynn's Role in Alleged Plot to Deliver Cleric to Turkey
- Switzerland seals World Cup spot
- SEC Network analysts project updated College Football Playoff rankings
- Congress demands petroleum products, real estate be brought under GST
- India September Industrial Production Growth Misses Expectations
- All Eyes Were On Melania's Gorgeous Outfit At Beijing Zoo Tour
- Disney streaming service to cost much less than a Netflix subscription
- Olympics: Aly Raisman claims sexual abuse by Team USA doctor