A newlywed woman in Pakistan's Punjab province has been arrested on suspicion of killing at least 15 of her husband's close relatives with poisoned lassi as she was upset after being forced into an arranged marriage in September.
The husband unwittingly avoided the deadly drink, however, and the milk was then used to make lassi, a yoghurt-based drink, that was served to his extended family. According to UPI, the alleged lover is a cousin whom Bibi had hoped to marry.
Wenger backs England recall for Wilshere
His last game for England was in the shock Euro 2016 defeat to Iceland . Even in training when they play against each other it's very tight.
Asiya, who was forcefully married to Amjad a few days back, visited home to meet her parents. A man, believed to be the woman's boyfriend, Shahid, and his aunt, Zarina Mai, were also arrested, Geo TV said.
As reported by Telegraph, the contaminated lassi was drunk by total 27 members of the family among which 13 died and the other 14 are fighting for their lives in the hospital.
Driver Killed By 12-Year-Old Jumping From Overpass Was Towson Grad
Harris' family said the woman's boyfriend was a passenger in the auto and took control and steered it off the interstate. Harris' mom told local station WUSA that it was "ironic" the boy who killed her is someone Harris would have helped.
She was accused of poisoning a container of milk that her husband, Amjad, was to consume. Yet he refused when she offered the milk to him. However, the path she chose to escape a marriage she didn't want was not at all correct and she could have used the law to help herself instead of committing murders.
Arranged marriage became a literal tradition in Pakistan, especially in rural and poor areas.
Nationals set to make Dave Martinez next manager
In giving the Martinez , 53, a three-year contract, Nationals ownership broke with longstanding (and controversial) form. None of the coaches who served under Baker were retained by the team, and no new coaching hires have been announced yet.
Police updated this, saying: "But she confessed her role in the custody". A police search was under way.
- Razer Phone - The Smartphone Designed for Games
- USA forces capture suspect in 2012 attack on American facility in Libya
- Territory lost by Kurds in Iraq
- Antonio Conte: 'Roma had more desire to win than Chelsea'
- Facebook's Q3 Revenue & Earnings Top Estimates, Says Security Costs Will Impact Profit
- Super Mario Odyssey Sold 2M Copies Already
- Bharti Airtel Ltd Q2 net profit drops to Rs. 586.1 crores
- 76ers rookie Fultz out indefinitely with shoulder injury
- Tesla Inc (TSLA) Slashes Production of Two Cars, Misses Q3 Estimates
- Social media reacts to Carolina Panthers trading Kelvin Benjamin to Buffalo