The Tel Aviv District Court ruled that Uber must end its rideshare services in Israel as of November 29 following an appeal brought by the app's competitor Gett, as well as the Israel Taxi Drivers Association.
According to Haaretz, "Uber will have to stop providing its car-sharing service in Israel as of 10 AM Wednesday, after the courts ruled in favor of competing companies".
Officer Shoots Theft Suspect Inside Texas Mall
She told police that she had loaned the vehicle to Dodd on Friday. "It's believed that's the result of that shooting", Cook said. Cook couldn't say what felony charge Dodd faced previously, citing law which forbids the release of such information by police.
The verdict halted a pilot programme that Uber has been running in Tel Aviv over the past months through which the company hopes it could expand service to the rest of the country.
For Uber, which began in Israel in 2016, it has been a constant uphill battle as the taxi driver's union has been waging a tenacious battle against the newcomer. "The service had severe restrictions on the amount of rides each driver was able to provide so that earnings would be capped to cover auto maintenance costs as defined by the Israel Tax Authority".
Stokes not going for Ashes, confirms European Central Bank
A report in the Telegraph newspaper said Christchurch-born Stokes hoped to play for Canterbury province during his stay. Canterbury coach Gary Stead said Stokes' possible involvement or not in the Ashes "hasn't been discussed whatsoever".
Israeli cab drivers had sued Uber, as did Gett, a taxi service previously known as GetTaxi. Up until the court's ruling, Uber continued operating its services despite the disapproval of the Israeli Transportation Ministry, which claims that the discounted transportation service company is breaking the law.
The controversy over Uber made a big splash partially due to the fact that public transportation does not run on the Jewish Sabbath (Friday evening until Saturday evening), religious holidays, and late at night. It is available in about 600 cities worldwide.
Is There Really a Christmas Tree Shortage this Year?
Most tree farms have their evergreens planted in plots by species and age of the trees, which grow about a foot a year. All of Absher's trees are freshly cut upon selling, and he brings in more as they get sold off the lot.
In September, Uber was banned from operating in London for flouting safety regulations.
- Samsung is reportedly testing Galaxy S9 with Android 8.0 Oreo
- Merkel rules out new elections for Germany; coalition deadlock continues
- Jose Mourinho slams Manchester United star amidst interest from European giants
- Tennessee has reached out to Purdue coach Jeff Brohm, per report
- 'Anti-Terrorism' Muslim Alliance Meets in Saudi, Qatar Excluded
- 2 people are now claiming to lead the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle's Wedding WILL Be Televised!!
- Jordan Peele Says Cheeto Trump's Golf Buddy Tiger Woods In "Sunken Place"
- Congressman steps down from top post amid sexual harassment investigation
- UofL Volleyball Heads to Minnesota For NCAA Tournament