Spanning 22 days, the session will conclude on January 5.
Union Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad on Tuesday hit back at Congress after the latter accused the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of deliberately trying to delay the winter session of Parliament.
Jammu lawyers hold anti-Pak protests over Hafiz Saeed release move
India was "determined to pursue all measures with full vigour so as to secure the final release of an innocent Indian", he added. India accused Pakistan of sponsoring the attacks through the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), which Saeed had founded in the 1990s.
Rejecting opposition criticism that the government wants to avoid parliament before the elections, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had said the session will be held and it will be a regular session, not overlapping with the Gujarat Assembly election dates. This will be a 14-day session. With a few days of Christmas break, the Winter Session is likely to be further truncated.
Gujarat is scheduled to go for polls on December 9 and 14 - while the result will be announced on December 18 along with that of the Himachal Pradesh assembly election for which votes were cast on November 9.
Congress leader in the Lok Sabha, Mallikarjun Kharge, told ANI that the opposition party would raise important issues like Goods and Services and Tax, demonetisation, Jammu and Kashmir issue, terrorism and Hafiz Saeed being set free by Pakistan.
Liverpool investigating claims their fans were mistreated by police, stewards in Sevilla
Hazard said he too would have made a move if in Salah's position at Chelsea and he is happy to see the forward performing well. Yet the Spanish side were stunned as Liverpool , inspired by Philippe Coutinho, produced a scintillating first-half display.
"It had also happened when Indira Gandhi and Chandra Shekhar were prime ministers", he had said. Elections and Parliament sessions generally do not overlap. The major bills expected to be introduced include one to ban triple talaq, Mr Kumar said.
Jaitley took potshots at rivals and said the BJP would be busy with the Gujarat poll campaign but he was not sure if its opponents would also be busy.
The Pendragon PLC (PDG) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Jefferies Group LLC
Raymond James Financial, Inc. reiterated a "market perform" rating on shares of BP plc in a research report on Tuesday, July 25th. Shares of BP plc (BP) traded up GBX 3.52 ($0.05) during mid-day trading on Wednesday, reaching GBX 497.82 ($6.55).
- Former Jets CB Darrelle Revis finally finds a new team
- Nokia 2 India Price Revealed; First Sale Date and Launch Offer Details
- N. Korea Says US Will Pay for Provocative Actions Against Regime
- Iran climb in Federation Internationale de Football Association rankings
- 'Padmavati' controversy: Body of man found hanging at Naharagarh Fort
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Whitman To Step Down; Forecast Light
- Miley Cyrus Slams Rumors She Is Pregnant After Posting Birthday Picture
- Increasing clouds tonight and Saturday, cooler weather Sunday
- Apple slash iPhone X shipping dates down to one week