Briefing media after the marathon day-long GST council meeting, Arun Jaitley informed that only 50 items had now remained in the 28 % bracket that includes luxury items, sin goods, white goods, auto parts, yatch parts, aircraft parts, cement and paints etc.
RETURN FILING: The GST council today chose to simplify the return filing procedure in a massive way.
Honor those who serve for Veterans Day
Chief Buddy Williams will be the guest speaker and Joy Geiger will be the guest singer. Army Band also played during that event and the Andrews High School Chorus performed.
The GST Council, earlier in the day, chose to slash rates on more than 175 items, reducing taxes on these from the existing 28 per cent. Besides, the meeting also made a decision to reduce the tax slab of various other items.
Seeking to put a Congress stamp on the changes to the GST, former Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Friday said that representatives from party-ruled states will "force changes" to the indirect tax regime at the GST Council meeting in Guwahati. As expected earlier, the all-powerful council agreed to slash GST rates on restaurant bills from 18 per cent to 5 per cent. It was said that the restaurants had not been giving Input Credit Tax benefit to the customers and the GST was charged on the previous rates. Jaitley informed that GST rates in respect of restaurants including both AC and non-AC categories have been reduced to uniform five per cent from the existing 18 %. All these got input tax credit, a facility to set off tax paid on inputs with final tax.
AT&T Clashes With US Over Time Warner Asset Sales
During the presidential campaign previous year , he vowed to block it, saying it would create too large an organisation. Waldron LP grew its stake in shares of Time Warner by 137.7% during the first quarter.
To ease compliance burden for small businesses, the GST Council is also going to review the requirement of filing three returns every month under the GST set-up. But with no input tax credit, several experts said restaurateurs may end up increasing menu prices.The initial 18% tax rates for air-conditioned restaurants and 12% for non air-conditioned restaurants were slashed to 5% GST on all food items from November 15. "Why is electricity and petrol kept out of GST?" he said.
Suspect in Rand Paul assault pleads not guilty
A Paul friend told The Associated Press that the senator was tackled from behind and slammed to the ground Friday. Boucher's lawyer said Monday that the attack was "a very regrettable dispute" that was "trivial".
- Send Facebook Your Nudes So No One Else Can See Them
- Meek Mill Sentenced to 2-4 Years in Prison for Violating Probation
- Kevin Spacey's Downward Spiral: Pulled From Upcoming Film
- "Obviously he must have wanted to join Barcelona" -Suarez
- Aslef drivers vote to end Southern dispute over driver-operated trains
- Former WCVB Boston Anchor Unruh Says Spacey Sexually Assaulted Her Son
- New study on sheep may help research on brain disorders
- Louis CK Exposed - FIVE Women Come Forward With Accusations Of Sexual Misconduct!
- Peninsula School Honors Veterans at Take a Veteran to School Day Event
- Mahindra Logistics shares fall 2.1 per cent on market debut