It was slated to be a massive merger of a telecom and a media company - a deal worth $85 billion.
In an emailed statement Monday, AT&T general counsel David McAtee said the lawsuit is a "radical and inexplicable departure from decades of antitrust precedent" and that the company is confident that a court will reject the government's claims.
India's Manushi Chhillar Wins Miss World 2017
In question and answer round, Manushi was asked, "Which profession deserves the biggest salary and why?". India's Manushi Chhillar won the much sought after title of Miss World 2017 pageant.
AT&T reaffirmed its plans to challenge the government's lawsuit, arguing that its plan is a "vertical" merger without competitive overlap. The antitrust lawsuit announcement followed weeks of speculation that included reports the DOJ demanded AT&T and Time Warner sell Turner Broadcasting, which includes CNN.
By testing the arrangement, the Justice Department is adopting a starkly unique strategy to antitrust issues than the Obama organization did. The Obama administration approved a similar vertical deal in 2011 to allow cable company Comcast Corp to acquire NBCUniversal. After hours, AT&T shares traded slightly higher, Time Warner stock moderately lower.
The lawsuit also said AT&T and Comcast, which control nearly half of the pay-TV market, "would have an increased incentive and ability to harm competition by impending online competitors they consider a threat".
Earnings On Deck For Foot Locker, Inc
As of October 28, 2017, the company operated 3,349 stores in 23 countries in North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. The investor is now holding 3,726,517 shares thanks to an increase of 744,147 new shares in their portfolio.
AT&T's CEO Randall Stephenson, however, has countered that notion and said he was never under pressure to spin off CNN.
The DoJ is reportedly concerned that AT&T would use Time Warner content to force competitors to pay more for content, according to Reuters.
Kim Kardashian Explains Why Her Surrogate Wasn't Invited To Her Baby Shower
To avoid the same fate, Corden actually answered her query about his "least-favorite" member of her family. She even commented on how tiny the penis was-take what you will from that comment.
- Apple delays release of smart speaker - HomePod
- Moore Critic: Alabama Senate Race a Battle for Nation's Soul
- House Passes GOP Tax Overhaul With Orphan Drug Tax Credit Repeal Included
- Trump Continues Attacks On Father Of Basketball Player
- Google Maps Undergoes Partial Redesign, Adapting to User
- Salvation Army seeking Christmas kettle bell ringers
- Uber makes self-driving vehicle deal with Volvo
- Top general says he'd push back against 'illegal' nuclear strike order
- George Clooney To Play Col. Cathcart In New CATCH-22
- Fox News anchor debunks network's 'Clinton uranium scandal' sparking fury