"If you can do this to a successful artist like Meek Mill, you can do this to many around the country", he added. TMZ reports that judge Genece Brinkley was ordered by a higher court to hold the hearing "without further delay" in a reuling over Mill's attempt to get his prison time tossed.
The state Superior Court issued the order Tuesday as it rejected a request from the rapper's lawyers that it grant him bail, leaving that to the sentencing judge to decide. Neither the prosecutor nor parole officer in Mill's case asked for jail time.
Judge in Meek Mill case ordered to stop delaying rapper's appeal motion as emergency bail petition is denied
According to a habeus corpus petition on Monday, Court of Common Pleas Judge Genece Brinkley was keeping Mill from being able to move forward in his post-sentencing options, making it so that he couldn't file an appeal.
Sharpton, host of MSNBC's "Politics Nation" said he and Mill had a "very blunt talk", discussed the criminal justice system, and his case. "He really said, 'Reverend, if nothing else, let people understand what this system does.'" Sharpton met with the rapper for about two and a half hours.
TCU rings in the holiday season with its annual Christmas Tree Lighting
According to data collected by a pest control company called SafeGuard, thousands of bugs could be in your live Christmas tree. This was due to a glut of trees on the market and the growers were losing money on every tree they sold.
Meek Mill is about to get a bail hearing. and the judge in his case has been ordered to do it STAT.
Earlier this month, in an interview with Billboard, Tacopina said Brinkley is "enamored" with Mill and "crossed all conceivable lines".
Powerscourt Stars in Cineworld's Bid for Regal
The company has a net profit margin of -4.00% and is less profitable than the average Movie Production, Theaters player. Finally, Peregrine Capital Management LLC boosted its holdings in Regal Entertainment Group by 2.0% in the 2nd quarter.
Mill's sentencing sparked outrage on social media, which spawned hashtag #FreeMeekMill and #Justice4Meek. Criminal justice reform is one of the group's main platforms.
Stokes not going for Ashes, confirms European Central Bank
A report in the Telegraph newspaper said Christchurch-born Stokes hoped to play for Canterbury province during his stay. Canterbury coach Gary Stead said Stokes' possible involvement or not in the Ashes "hasn't been discussed whatsoever".
- Jordan Peele Says Cheeto Trump's Golf Buddy Tiger Woods In "Sunken Place"
- New Year's Eve terror attack foiled, man arrested
- Google Introduces Datally, an App That Saves You Data
- Susan Sarandon Has Some Interesting Theories About Harvey Weinstein and Hillary Clinton
- HDMI 2.1 released, brings 10K and higher bandwidth support
- Tennessee has reached out to Purdue coach Jeff Brohm, per report
- Ole Miss removes Matt Luke's interim tag
- Navajo Nation to Trump after 'Pocahontas' comment: 'Cultural insensitivity is unfortunate'
- Court bans Uber's ride-sharing service in Israel
- Transgender people can enlist in military on January 1, judge says