The Brazilian, 33, who is now playing in his homeland with Atletico Mineiro, has vowed to challenge the ruling.
A statement on the Brazilian's Instagram feed read: "We would like to clarify that he has already defended himself against the accusations, affirming that he did not participate in the episode".
The sentence relates to an alleged incident of group sexual assault on a 22-year-old woman involving five other men who were at a Milanese nightclub on January 22, 2013, during the 33-year-old's time playing for AC Milan in Serie A.
Argentina: Missing sub could be out of oxygen soon
Argentine submarine ARA San Juan has been missing for nearly a week now and still no sign of its whereabouts. The ARA San Juan is a TR-1700 submarine manufactured in Germany, commissioned by the Argentine Navy in 1985.
Because of that, the verdict is effectively put on hold until the appeals process is completed and no sentence will be enforced until then.
Five other men were also accused of the same crime.
'All legal steps are already being taken in response to this decision'.
His time in England, though, was not as successful and he was later moved on to the San Siro for less than half of City's initial outlay, making them just £15m when he departed.
Nokia 2 India Price Revealed; First Sale Date and Launch Offer Details
Internally, the phone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 processor coupled with 1GB of RAM and Adreno 304 GPU for graphics. The Nokia2 is equipped with a 4100mAh battery and the company claims that the device can offer a battery life of two days.
Robinho joined City from Real Madrid for £32.5million in 2008 but struggled to adapt to Premier League football.
The incident occurred when the 33-year-old was a player at AC Milan, having joined the club in 2010.
Robinho spent four seasons at the San Siro, during which the offence took place, before moving to Chinese Super League club Guangzhou Evergrande in 2015.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Whitman To Step Down; Forecast Light
HPE president Antonio Neri , 50, a more technically oriented executive at the Silicon Valley pioneer, will succeed her. Whitman did not tell employees why she chose to leave the CEO job or where she plans to go next.
- Aggressive drunk? Science says you should stay away from spirits
- Bomb blast kills worshippers in Adamawa mosque
- Gary Kubiak could be an option after Broncos fire Mike McCoy
- Iranian Hacker Charged in HBO Hack That Included 'Game of Thrones' Script
- Uber data breach affects 57 mln users
- N. Korea Says US Will Pay for Provocative Actions Against Regime
- Local groups preparing hundreds of free Thanksgiving meals
- Woman Accuses Al Franken of Groping Her While Posing For Photo
- The Pendragon PLC (PDG) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Jefferies Group LLC
- Area tree farm ready to welcome visitors