A spokesman said: 'An incident has occurred and the MSP building at Holyrood has been evacuated'.
The Scottish Parliament has resumed its work after being evacuated over suspicious packages, the parliament's press service said Tuesday.
"Thankfully it appears to have been a false alarm in this case and the substance was found not to be unsafe".
The Scottish Parliament has been closed.
Broadcom offers $103 billion for Qualcomm, sets up takeover battle
The resulting tech company would control key components needed to make smartphones and is likely to face scrutiny from regulators. Broadcom and Qualcomm are no strangers to acquisitions, with the pair in talks to complete multibillion-dollar deals.
The Edinburgh police said that they responded to reports of a suspicious package in parliament.
"A lot of MSPs were in committee meetings so it was mostly staff in the building".
The alarm was raised at about 11:30 after the packages, at least one of which contained white powder, were sent to the offices of four Tory MSPs.
Colin Mackay, a political correspondent with the broadcaster STV, tweeted that the incident involved "a white powder" and parcels sent to Halco Johnston, Liz Smith, an MSP for Mid Scotland and Fife region, and Edward Mountain, another MSP for the Highlands and Islands region.
Former DNC chair Donna Brazile tells critics to "go to hell"
Throwing another wrench into the narrative, new excerpts from her book show that she had considered the idea of replacing Clinton with Biden as the nominee at the last minute.
"Police and other emergency services are on the scene and are dealing with the situation".
Police officers are standing guard at the corridor that leads to MSP's offices.
The parliament said later police inquiries had concluded there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the incident and that no crime had been committed.
The MSPs' block at Holyrood was evacuated as a precaution with police and fire services called to investigate the findings.
Spartans Felton Davis makes incredible touchdown catch vs. Penn State
Davis left his feet and hauled in a pass that, at the time , tied the game midway through the second quarter. Michigan State's Brian Lewerke ranks just behind McSorley in total offense and has thrown for 14 scores.
'This is part of a pre-arranged process put in place, ready to deal with such developing situations'.
- 'The Last Republicans' Highlights Former Presidents' Wariness Of Trump
- Meddling in United States poll 'fantasies' - Russian Federation
- Robert Mugabe fires Vice President
- OnePlus 5T Android Flagship Unveil Set For November 16th
- Who Is Devin Kelley? Texas Church Shooting Suspect Killed By Police
- Donald Trump calls for death penalty for NYC truck attack suspect
- Papadopoulos Plea Prompts Senate Call To Question Sessions
- Manus Island: Australian opposition flips, urges govt to accept NZ's offer
- How captain Virat Kohli prepped for 29th happy birthday with brilliant fifty
- AMD And Intel Are Teaming Up To Take On NVIDIA