Pistorius was sentenced to six years' imprisonment for the murder of Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine's Day 2013.
On September 18, National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) spokesperson Luvuyo Mfaku confirmed the date for the hearing. The court overturned Masipa's verdict of culpable homicide or manslaughter and convicted Pistorius of murder.
This is the second time prosecutors have gone to the Supreme Court in the city of Bloemfontein to challenge a decision by Judge Thokozile Masipa, who presided over Pistorius's trial.
Bride accidentally kills 13 family members while trying to murder her husband
A man, believed to be the woman's boyfriend, Shahid, and his aunt, Zarina Mai, were also arrested, Geo TV said . Arranged marriage became a literal tradition in Pakistan , especially in rural and poor areas.
But the State still feels that the Pistorius has not been punished harshly enough, calling the sentence imposed by the North Gauteng High Court "shockingly lenient".
The prosecution successfully appealed to have his conviction upgraded, in late 2015.
State prosecutor Andrea Johnson argued high court judge Thokozile Masipa did not take into account the brutality of the crime, and the fact that he armed himself with a high calibre weapon and ammunition which was created to "mushroom on striking a soft target such as human flesh".
Legal analysts say, however, it is more hard to get the court to change a sentence.
US Bombs ISIS in Somalia for the First Time
He reportedly spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak on the matter. It is reported that this was the first shot of the USA air force against the Islamists in Somalia.
Roux said Masipa had addressed the misperception that Pistorius deliberately killed Steenkamp.
"We don't have substantial and compelling circumstances to justify a lesser sentence", chief porsecutor Andrea Johnson told the courtroom.
Ms Johnson said Mr Pistorius had shown no "genuine" remorse.
Judge Masipa's initial sentence was appropriate in the circumstances, Pistorius's defence lawyers said, and his disability was not exaggerated.
Sixer Jahlil Okafor Makes Clear He Wants Out of Philly
Jahlil Okafor's time is running out in Philadelphia . "Let him go play somewhere because I'm 21". That's why the guys have been out there on social media, but I've just kind of been in the dark.
"Of course his disability is mentioned, but it can't not be mentioned", defense lawyer Kelly Phelps said.
- Papa John's blames kneeling National Football League players on slumping sales
- First flu deaths of season reported in NC
- Digiorno Trolls Papa John's For Crying About NFL Anthem Protests Hurting Sales
- Strangers on a Plane: Delta Passengers Arrested for Mid-Flight Tryst
- Tesla Inc (TSLA) Slashes Production of Two Cars, Misses Q3 Estimates
- Zeke will play Sunday; stay granted by appeals court
- Patriots sign Hoyer as Brady's backup after Garoppolo trade
- Arsenal's Santi Cazorla could have lost foot after serious infection
- Trump stiffening extreme vetting of foreigners after NY truck attack
- Hear Taylor Swift's latest, "Call It What You Want"