Boucher, the Republican senator's neighbor, is charged with fourth-degree assault causing minor injury, for which he faces up to a year in jail if convicted.
Earlier this week, U.S. Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell said Paul would return next week. While he did not witness the incident, Skaggs has said Boucher and Paul have been quibbling over lawn maintenance for years.
"The unfortunate occurrence of November 3 has absolutely nothing to do with either's politics or political agendas", Baker told Fox News.
"Last week, Sen. Paul was vigorously assaulted by someone in his neighborhood", Stafford said.
Former WCVB Boston Anchor Unruh Says Spacey Sexually Assaulted Her Son
She wrote in her October 13 tweet: "I was a Kevin Spacey fan until he assaulted a loved one". Unruh said her son did not report Spacey immediately because of "embarrassment and fear".
Raw video: Rene Boucher appears in Kentucky court for arraignment hearing. The first "conversation" with the attacker came after Sen.
In an interview after the court appearance, Dr. Boucher's attorney Matt Baker said that "we should believe" Jim Skaggs when pressed for a motive for the attack on the senator. "Anyone claiming otherwise is simply uninformed or seeking media attention".
Warren County prosecutor Amy Milliken didn't provide any more details but said her office is working with Kentucky State Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Boucher is next due in court November 30 for a pre-trial hearing.
Paul tweeted about his injuries Wednesday, sharing the news about his broken ribs and adding that he had a pleural effusion, which is an accumulation of fluid resulting from inflammation or changes in pressure in the chest.
Want To Play, Raise Your Game, Chelsea Legend Tells David Luiz
I think it's normal that, from now until the end, every game, every day, someone puts my future in discussion. I was very happy for this. "It's simple", he said. "Sometimes I can do the best things for my team".
According to the Bowling Green Daily News, Boucher is an anesthesiologist and pain specialist, and Boucher's attorney's statement noted that he and Paul worked together when they "were both practicing physicians".
Boucher's lawyer said Monday that the attack was "a very regrettable dispute" that was "trivial".
Paul suffered six broken ribs in the incident.
- Owners voted unanimously to extend Goodell's contract in May
- Twitter, Inc.'s 280-Character Limit: A Move in the Right Direction
- Send Facebook Your Nudes So No One Else Can See Them
- Samford teams score high in NCAA's GSR Report
- Meek Mill Sentenced to 2-4 Years in Prison for Violating Probation
- Aslef drivers vote to end Southern dispute over driver-operated trains
- Priti Patel: Israel and Britain can extend and improve their partnership
- Danica Roem elected Virginia's first openly transgender state official
- Apple Responds To Reports About Its Tax Affairs
- Honor those who serve for Veterans Day