USA job growth accelerated last month after hurricane-related disruptions hurt employment in September, but there were signs that labour market momentum was slowing as annual wage gains sharply retreated.
October's advance marked the 11th straight month of job gains, which is the longest streak in over a decade. Markets had expected the unemployment rate to remain unchanged.
Since January, unemployment in the USA has fallen by seven tenths of a percentage point, and more employers say positions are increasingly hard to fill amid a scarcity of qualified labor. Still it is the second time since July that nonbank mortgage employment was down from the previous month. Part-time employment fell 53,400 in October.
Gary Lineker reacts as six Tottenham players named in England side
Yet Wilshere has been left out of the squad to face Germany and Brazil . While Gomez has impressed for Liverpool when given the opportunity.
Friday's report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics comes a month after large and destructive storms Hurricanes Harvey and Irma disrupted the US economy.
As a result, the unemployment rate fell to 4.1 percent, the lowest it's been since December 2000.
The "other services" category led the growth in jobs with a gain of 21,400 positions, while the construction industry gained 18,400.
Hear Taylor Swift's latest, "Call It What You Want"
She built a castle made of "bricks" thrown at her in "New Romantics"-but she says it's now destroyed in " Call It What You Want ". But would you run away with me? "I brought a knife to a gunfight, they took the crown but it's alright". "Romeo save me...
Mark Zandi, chief economist of Moody's Analytics, which helps compile the report, said: "The job market rebounded strongly from the hit it took from Hurricanes Harvey and Irma".
Duncan continued, "One silver lining was the large drop in the broadest measure of labor underutilization, U-6, to 7.9 percent, matching the lowest rate of the last expansion". It added a recent decline in the jobless rate to a postcrisis low "likely overstates the degree of improvement" in the jobs market.
Wages pressures in October were flat, however, with average hourly earnings falling by a penny to $26.53.
Tesla Inc (TSLA) Slashes Production of Two Cars, Misses Q3 Estimates
Following the completion of the sale, the vice president now owns 1,736 shares of the company's stock, valued at $589,354.64. Tesla had initially said it could hit that rate during the current quarter. 732,944 shares of the stock were exchanged.
Almost all of the net new hiring was done at firms and organizations, as their payrolls rose 34,500, while the ranks of the self-employed - who tend to be independent contractors that aren't necessarily paid on a regular schedule - edged slightly upward.
- Inspiring Young People, Selena Gomez Named 'Billboard's 2017 Women of the Year'
- Strangers on a Plane: Delta Passengers Arrested for Mid-Flight Tryst
- Jimmy Kimmel, Channing Tatum Play Halloween-Candy Prank on Their Kids
- Swansea Boss, Clement: I Didn't Influence Abraham To Pick England Over Nigeria
- Patriots sign Hoyer as Brady's backup after Garoppolo trade
- 'Least Bothered':Trinamool Congress On Mukul Roy Joining BJP
- Bride accidentally kills 13 family members while trying to murder her husband
- 'Double standards' will only undermine efforts to combat terror
- Facebook's Q3 Revenue & Earnings Top Estimates, Says Security Costs Will Impact Profit
- Trump stiffening extreme vetting of foreigners after NY truck attack