A German Christmas market has been evacuated after a suspicious package containing nails and an unidentified power was delivered to a pharmacy close by.
There were no injuries reported in the evacuation or demolition of the package, which authorities said did not appear to include a fuse or other parts for a detonation.
Police said the "unconventional explosive device" contained no detonator and was incapable of exploding. Police were called and the area was evacuated.
Court bans Uber's ride-sharing service in Israel
Israeli cab drivers had sued Uber, as did Gett, a taxi service previously known as GetTaxi. In September, Uber was banned from operating in London for flouting safety regulations.
Brandenburg state Interior Minister Karl-Heinz Schroeter told reporters the powder will be analyzed.
The incident takes on special significance in light of last year's deadly terror attack on a Christmas market in a wealthy shopping area of Berlin.
New Year's Eve terror attack foiled, man arrested
A man who was reportedly planning mass shooting in Melbourne Square on New Year's Eve, was arrested by the Australian police. Search warrants were executed at the man's home, a business where he had worked, and a relative's property.
Security measures were in the spotlight as Berlin's Christmas markets officially opened on Monday.
A failed Tunisian asylum seeker drove a truck into a Christmas market in Berlin in December 2016, killing 12 people and injuring another 56.
The development comes almost one year after 11 people were killed when a Tunisian Islamist hijacked a truck, killed its driver then rammed the vehicle into a Christmas market.
LeBron James ejected for first time in National Basketball Association career
The win over the Heat was Cleveland's ninth straight victory, after starting the season poorly losing six of their first 10 games. But Fitzgerald called a technical foul against the Cleveland star over his loud protests, and ejected him from the game.
The Brandenburg Police Department, which covers Potsdam, posted a tweet saying the device was an IED. It lies about 40 kilometers southwest of Berlin.
- Odds & Ends: Mindhunter, Starring Jonathan Groff, Renewed for Second Season & More
- Pics released of girl in Walmart aren't NC AMBER Alert girl
- Iranian teenager has 50 surgeries to 'look like Angelina Jolie'
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle's Wedding WILL Be Televised!!
- Four cars stolen every hour in Delhi in 2016: NCRB
- Germany's SPD Leader Backs Talks with Merkel on Political Impasse
- Honor 7X will Start Selling in India from 7th December
- Playoff top 4 might not stay as is
- HDMI 2.1 released, brings 10K and higher bandwidth support
- Asus Zenfone Max Plus (M1) with full-view display unveiled: Specifications, features