It was then, shortly before 10 a.m., that NY police officers found the pregnant 22-year-old's dead body at the bottom of a basement staircase, WCBS reported, but it wasn't the first time someone had called NYPD wondering what might be happening inside that Crown Heights home in Brooklyn, N.Y.
When the neighbour and another resident went to investigate, they found the mum's body at the bottom of the basement stairwell.
- The NYPD suspended two cops while it investigates how they handled a 911 call to check on a woman in Brooklyn who later ended up dead.
But now the NYPD's Internal Affairs Bureau is probing whether the officers even went inside the apartment at all.
Donald Trump attacks Vanity Fair and Hillary Clinton on Twitter
Following the release of a video in which staffers offer New Years resolutions for Hillary Clinton , Vanity Fair has found itself mired in controversy.
Amid that murky and complicated relationship is the fact that many women who report violence feel invalidated by the police.
The Brooklyn woman, Tonie Wells, called the police saying she was "scared" because her husband was "acting amusing".
She was apparently strangled and thrown down he stairs, law enforcement sources said. The husband was identified by police as a person of interest and was in custody for questioning, WPIX-TV reported.
The detained man is not the father of Wells' 2-year-old, according to family members.
Chrissy Teigen live-tweets her epic LAX-LAX flight ordeal
An ANA spokesperson has said that the situation was being researched to determine exactly how the passenger ended up barding the wrong flight, ABC News reported .
"These cops completely sh*tcanned the job", a New York Post source said.
Investigators are treating the death as a possible homicide, Deputy Chief Michael Kemper, Commanding Officer of Detective Borough Brooklyn North told reporters.
Police sources tell News 12 that Barry Wells is in custody and is being questioned in connection to his wife Tonie Wells' death.
Police were also looking into reports that the first wellness check on Wells may not have been adequately conducted.
British Woman Sentenced To Three Years In Egyptian Prison
Since then, she said, her daughter has been "living in hell" sharing a jail cell with no beds with up to 25 other women. Her family had been told that she could face up to 25 years in jail, with one lawyer even mentioning the death penalty.
- Social justice advocate Erica Garner suffers 'major brain damage' after heart attack
- Democrat hails new chapter for United States after Senate win over controversial Republican
- Mayweather Won't Fight in MMA or Box Again — Showtime's Espinoza
- Is Arizona's flu season historically bad this year?
- Kabul blast kills 25 at Afghan Voice news agency, cultural center
- Bitter cold ahead for much of northern US
- Apple's CEO Must Fly Private Aircrafts For Security Reasons
- SoftBank's Tender Bid For Uber Massively Successful
- US Library of Congress to stop collecting each and every tweet
- The statistics behind another big shopping day, the day after Christmas