Meanwhile, the Ravens have also announced that the National Football League (NFL) has handed Smith a four-game suspension for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances. Smith would then have been eligible for the postseason if Baltimore made the playoffs.
Smith, 29, who suffered a season-ending torn Achilles in Sunday's win over Detroit, will serve the ban while on injured reserve, Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. Smith started the Ravens' first 12 games this season and was tied for second on the team with three interceptions.
Director Bryan Singer fired from Freddie Mercury biopic
This meant that his cinematographer Thomas Newton Sigel had to step into the helm some days while Singer was absent. Per the outlet, Fox's decision comes amid growing tension on set between Singer and star Rami Malek ( Mr.
"He has played at an All-Pro level this year", Harbaugh said.
Smith, 29, chose to drop his appeal and begin serving his suspension immediately after being injured in the 44-20 victory over the Detroit Lions. His base salary next year is $9 million according to Over the Cap, so he would stand to lose far more per game-more than 10 times more-than if he were to serve it now.
New York Daily News Calls Shohei Ohtani 'Chicken' For Passing On Yankees
We have also heard that Ohtani reportedly likes the pitch the Giants made of possibly playing the outfield as well as pitch. Ohtani's list favors West Coast teams and small market clubs, which would explain the Yankees' exclusion.
If Smith didn't go down with a significant injury, he might have missed the final four regular season games anyway, depending on the outcome of the appeal.
Smith has played his entire seven-year career with the Ravens after being their first-round pick in 2011.
Facebook Launches 'Messenger Kids' For Under-13 Users
Facebook says it has also screened all the stickers and other graphics to ensure they are age-appropriate, and there are no ads. But the technology giant today announced a new version of the service that could bump its active user base up considerably.
"It's the way we organize the whole program, to play our best in December and January", Harbaugh said in his Monday news conference. "Our offense needed to step up and they did, and I'm really proud of them for that". "[But] we have a lot of depth". They have given up the third-fewest passing touchdowns while recording the most interceptions-20-by a margin of four compared to the next-closest team.
- Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield named one of three Heisman Trophy finalists
- Rickie Fowler shoots final-round 61 to win 2017 Hero World Challenge
- Is Elon Musk Launching his auto into Space? Likely
- Supreme Court declines to hear Texas same-sex marriage benefits case
- UC expert highlights what you need to know about net neutrality
- O'Reilly sued by woman who settled harassment claims
- Russian Federation banned from 2018 Winter Olympics over state-sponsored doping
- Willie Taggart agrees to deal with Florida State
- Cold Temperatures Late This Week
- 'General framework' in place with both Giants, Cardinals on Stanton deal