Deadline reported if the screenwriters like the pitch, Tarantino could be directing the movie and Abrams would produce the film.
Anonymous sources have told Deadline Hollywood that the Oscar-winning writer/director has "a great idea" for a new film in the sci-fi series, which he might direct with Abrams on board as a producer.
Lamborghini unvails the world's fastest SUV, begins delivery 2018
The sharp creases, deep cuts, and swooping roofline altogether reflects that the SUV is a mean machine. The rear has either a three-seat bench with Isofix points or an optional two-seat configuration.
But clearly, adding Tarantino's cache to the Trek franchise would be a major coup for Paramount. While we're tempted to tick off the usual boxes - expletive-laden dialogue that addresses as much pop culture as it does plot points, eye-popping violence - Tarantino's usual calling cards would probably be out of place in a Star Trek film. Granted, that and "City on the Edge of Forever" are two of the most beloved episodes of Star Trek of all time, but it's interesting that Tarantino would drop the names of not one but two episodes about time travel. You could take some of the great classic Star Trek episodes and just easily expand them to 90 minutes or more and really do some unbelievable, fantastic stuff.
It's still early to speculate, but lucky for us, Tarantino has actually discussed his vision for a potential Star Trek movie before. Although a fourth installment of the Star Trek film reboot would more than likely be set in the Kelvin universe, original series or even TNG stories could act as inspiration for a script. During an 2015 interview on the Nerdist podcast, Tarantino spoke favorably about the cast of the new films, which includes Chris Pine as Captain Kirk and Zachary Quinto as Spock.
Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield named one of three Heisman Trophy finalists
He has a chance to become the sixth Sooner Heisman victor and the first Heisman victor to begin his career as a "walk-on" athlete. Despite battling an ankle injury for much of the season, Love finished the campaign with 1,973 rushing yards and 17 TDs.
House overwhelmingly votes to defeat Democrat's bid to impeach President Trump
House minority leader Nancy Pelosi has advised Democrats to exercise caution and wait until sufficient evidence that Trump committed an impeachable offense turns up.
- Facebook Launches 'Messenger Kids' For Under-13 Users
- John Conyers will leave Congress in wake of harassment claims
- Winds whip up in Southern California fires, prompting evacuations
- Yemen war: Former president Ali Abdullah Saleh 'killed'
- New York Daily News Calls Shohei Ohtani 'Chicken' For Passing On Yankees
- Mueller's Russian Federation probe cost $3.2M in first four months
- Parents of teen found in Syracuse speak out
- Supreme Court declines to hear Texas same-sex marriage benefits case
- Body of Neligh native found in Clay County
- Director Bryan Singer fired from Freddie Mercury biopic