The 32-year-old is coming off a career-best season in his one year as the Chicago Cubs' closer, recording 32 saves with a 2.30 ERA and 12.1 K/9. That was the lowest in Royals history by a reliever, which broke his record from the 2014 season (1.00).
The Rockies signing Davis all but assures that the Cardinals will lock up Greg Holland as their next big move. Jon Heyman of Fan Rag Sports and Passan reported that the deal is for $52 million over three years.
Davis was an All-Star each of the past three seasons, with the Chicago Cubs this year and the Kansas City Royals the two years before that. The Davis deal includes a fourth-year option that could push the deal upwards of $60 million.
Cold air, small snow chances, start off your weekend
FRIDAY: Partly to mostly cloudy skies and a few snow flurries are possible, with a high temperature of 24 degrees. High temperatures may not exceed minus-23 degrees (minus-10F) on Saturday , which would threaten some records.
He joined Kansas City in 2013 and was part of the team's 2015 World Series-winning squad.
Holland made $15 million this year, but he did not exercise the $15 million player option after the 2017 season.
Mayweather Won't Fight in MMA or Box Again — Showtime's Espinoza
However, White shot down any notion that the UFC should have stripped McGregor of the lightweight title by now. Out of nowhere, Dana White popped onto FS1 this afternoon and opened up about Conor McGregor .
The Cubs acquired Davis through trade from the Royals last offseason, adding him to replace Aroldis Chapman, who had signed with the Yankees. Holland is now the top relief pitcher available and should ultimately garner a contract worth nearly as much as the one Davis got.
Davis' signing boosts a Colorado bullpen that ranked third in the National League with 47 saves and was tops in the league in the fewest blown saves.
Donald Trump attacks Vanity Fair and Hillary Clinton on Twitter
Following the release of a video in which staffers offer New Years resolutions for Hillary Clinton , Vanity Fair has found itself mired in controversy.
- Kabul blast kills 25 at Afghan Voice news agency, cultural center
- SoftBank's Tender Bid For Uber Massively Successful
- Is Arizona's flu season historically bad this year?
- Gov. Hutchinson: Prepayment of Property Taxes up to County Officials
- Snapchat Working on "Stories Everywhere" Feature for Sharing Content Outside Snap Platform
- Apple's CEO Must Fly Private Aircrafts For Security Reasons
- The statistics behind another big shopping day, the day after Christmas
- Chrissy Teigen live-tweets her epic LAX-LAX flight ordeal
- Orrin Hatch Says He's 'Grateful' for Biting Editorial That Suggested He Resign
- Ukraine, separatist rebels agree on major prisoner…