The Chicago Cubs have been linked with some high-profile free agents on the pitching market, and they've finally made their first splash as they signed Tyler Chatwood to a three-year deal. He struck out 120 batters in 147 2/3 innings and struggled with his control at times, walking 77 batters for a 4.7 walks-per-nine-innings rate.
Chatwood passes the age test with his 28th birthday coming next weekend, and his GB% and road numbers suggest that he will be a fine addition in the friendly confines of Wrigley Field.
At Least 3 Dead In New Mexico High School Shooting
Kyle Lincoln from the San Juan County Sheriff Department are clearing the building and actively searching the school. Christesen said the shooter also died, but it is unknown whether the suspect was among the three confirmed deaths.
The 27-year-old also had a strong end to the year, posting a 3.12 ERA in seven games (five starts) during September.
He was limited to four starts in 2014 and missed the 2015 season because of Tommy John surgery.
Part of the Cubs' belief is that Chatwood will find more consistency away from Coors Field. By comparison, Chatwood owned a 5-7 mark with a 3.49 ERA in 16 games on the road. He was tied for the league lead in losses despite the Rockies earning a Wild Card berth.
Rays Negative on Curry's Sprained Ankle; MRI to Come
X-rays returned negative on Monday night, and Curry underwent an MRI exam on Tuesday. "I shouldn't say that". Stephen Curry (ankle) is listed as doubtful in the game notes for Wednesday's matchup vs. the Hornets.
Chatwood compiled a 40-46 record with two saves and a 4.31 ERA in six major league seasons with the Los Angeles Angels and Rockies.
Chatwood has a career 4.31 ERA and 1.49 WHIP.
Chatwood has signed as a free agent with the Chicago Cubs. The Angels selected him in the second round of the 2008 amateur draft.
Fallen Kingdom' Featurette Takes Us Behind the Scenes of the New Film
And it appears that not even an established director like JA Bayona is beyond getting a little starstruck about the veteran actor. The full trailer for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom arrives on Thursday. "I know this!" repeated by Bryce Dallas Howard .
- Yemen war: Former president Ali Abdullah Saleh 'killed'
- Below-freezing temps could bring snow to North Georgia starting overnight Friday
- Vontaze Burfict Carted off After Hit by JuJu Smith-Schuster
- World's largest Starbucks to open in Shanghai
- Vols go with the unknown by hiring Jeremy Pruitt
- Portal Returns…. As A Bridge Construction Simulator?
- Here's Why You Probably Can't Do the Invisible Box Challenge
- Left out of playoffs, OSU gets USC in Cotton Bowl
- Texas officer killed serving warrant identified
- VW Executive Gets 7 Years In Prison In Emissions Cheating Scandal