The fire chief said one death had been reported.
Evacuation orders were expanded to include homes in Ventura, a city 12 miles south-west of Santa Paula, with more than 100,000 residents.
9 held for Pakistan University terror attack
Tehrik-e Taliban Pakistan ( TTP ), one of the country's most prominent terrorist groups, claimed responsibility for the attack . Security forces, initially stunned by the attack, then took on the terrorists.
A woman evacuates her home as the fire burns in Santa Paula on December 5. More than 27,000 people were evacuated and one firefighter suffered bumps and bruises in a vehicle accident in Ventura County. Most of the evacuated homes were in that city. "Really, Mother Nature is going to decide when we have the ability to put it out because it is pushing hard with the wind", Lorenzen said.
A high wind warning also remained in effect Tuesday, with the red flag warning set to expire late Thursday night and the high wind warning expected to expire Thursday afternoon, according to the National Weather Service. The flames were driven by Southern California's dry and gusty Santa Ana winds, which have contributed to some of the region's most disastrous wildfires.
At least two structures have burned so far, officials said.
OU faces Georgia at the Rose Bowl in CFB Playoff
The playoff selection committee unveils its final four and then sets the matchups for the rest of the major New Year's bowls. Clemson - the committee's No. 1 team in last week's top 25 - cruised to an easy win over Miami in the ACC Championship.
Authorities in Ventura County, on the Pacific Coast just north of Los Angeles, declared an emergency and said they planned to use fixed wing aircraft and helicopters against the "fast moving, active brush fire".
The blaze broke out on Monday and quickly burned 4,000 hectares in hours, Ventura County Fire Sergeant Eric Buschow said. The fire erupted near Santa Paula, a city of some 30,000 people about 60 miles (97 kilometers) northwest of Los Angeles.
Shelters have been set up a local school and county fairgrounds for evacuees.
Cold Temperatures Late This Week
We will likely start Tuesday in the upper 50°s to near 60°, but once the front passes temperatures will drop quickly. However, Met Eireann predicts that an Arctic blast will plunge temperatures to a low of -3C from Thursday morning.
- Trump to Pull US From UN Migration Compact
- Colin Kaepernick up for TIME person of the year
- Facebook Launches 'Messenger Kids' For Under-13 Users
- 'House Of Cards' Sixth Season Will Focus On Robin Wright's Character
- Meghan Markle wears Canadian designer Mackage for first royal engagement
- Supreme Court declines to hear Texas same-sex marriage benefits case
- O'Reilly sued by woman who settled harassment claims
- Apple now offers unlocked iPhone X models in the U.S. ars_ab.settitle(1227285)
- Georgia LB Natrez Patrick arrested for third time in three years
- Jimmy Smith receives 4-game suspension