Tuesday, 25 September 2018
Latest news
Main » Apple's latest acquisition will bolster its tools for app developers

Apple's latest acquisition will bolster its tools for app developers

05 January 2018

Apple's acquisition of the startup could lead to vastly improved workflows for developers making apps for iOS devices.

In fact, Apple announced this week that consumers made a whopping $300 million in purchases on the App Store on New Year's Day 2018 alone.

"We're excited to share that the buddybuild team has joined the Xcode engineering group at Apple to build fantastic developer tools for the entire iOS community", the post reads.

Powerball, Mega Millions jackpots swell to almost $800M
According to a Sunday news release from the Iowa Lottery, someone bought a Powerball ticket in Iowa worth $1 million. The official Ohio Lottery site offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.

Buddybuild will remain in the same offices for now. Google Play Store continues to dominate the app market despite the tough competition from Apple's app store, which is obviously causing lot of anguish for the iPhone maker.

Buddybuild operates from Vancouver in British Columbia and runs with the help of 40 full-time engineers.

Buddybuild was founded in 2015 by former Amazon employees Dennis Pilarinos and Christopher Stott.

IMA strike: Hospital Services affect in Odisha
The members of IMA describe the bill as "anti-people and anti-patient" and that it will open "floodgates of corruption". Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan has directed the panel to file its report before the Budget session.

Buddybuild focuses towards continuous integration, deployment and a user feedback platform for development teams that help the developers release iOS and Android apps using GitHub, GitLab and BitBucket.

"For iOS developers, Buddybuild can take care of all the work associated with code signing, and managing provisioning profiles for you". Back in 2014, Apple acquired Burstly, which made TestFlight, a popular beta testing platform. In its almost three years of existence, the startup has managed to raise around $8.8 million, including a $7.6 million Series A led by Kleiner Perkins Caufield back in May of 2016. Apple keeps 30% of the revenue generated by paid apps purchased in the App Store, leaving 70% for developers. Billions of dollars in research have poured into it. Companies are already generating substantial revenue, and even more wondrous products are in the pipeline.

The startup's system will fit nicely into the set of tools of Apple, which brings more methods to test, debug and deploy mobile apps via a proprietary channel.

'Games of Thrones' season 8 release date: HBO confirms fans' worst fears
After a lot of speculation and assumption, HBO made it official Thursday, announcing that the epic TV show based on George R.R. In the other news, GOT fans who are disappointed with the delayed release of the show, here's something to cheer up.

Stewart Butterfield, co-founder of the photo sharing website Flickr and workspace messaging app Slack, has served as an adviser for Buddybuild. At the same time, it will remain available for its existing customers and its Android app development venture will end in the coming March.

Apple's latest acquisition will bolster its tools for app developers