The voting for next month's NBA All-Star Game in full swing, the NBA released its first votes tally Thursday afternoon.
LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Boston Celtics star guard Kyrie Irving come in at second and third place with 856,080 and 802,834 votes, respectively. Kevin Durant is the conference's top vote getter, accruing more than 767,000 votes.
Although the early returns for starters had Simmons on the outside looking in, teammate Joel Embiid sits in the third and final spot among forwards, more than 70,000 votes ahead of the New York Knicks' Kristaps Porzingis. For the guards, Curry is followed by the Houston Rockets' James Harden (602,040) and Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook (438,469).
U.S. to cut UNRWA funding if Palestinians don't return to negotiations
Around 20 protesters have been murdered by the Iranian regime and over 450 have been arrested. The regime is also shutting down schools in response to the protests .
The All-Star Game starters including the two captains will be revealed on January 18 and the reserves will be announced on January 23.
The setup for this year's All-Star Game, which will be played in Los Angeles on February 18, is different from the traditional format in which the two conferences played against each other. Fans can select up to two guards and three frontcourt players from each conference when choosing starters.
Apple's latest acquisition will bolster its tools for app developers
Apple's acquisition of the startup could lead to vastly improved workflows for developers making apps for iOS devices. Apple keeps 30% of the revenue generated by paid apps purchased in the App Store, leaving 70% for developers.
The NBA has revealed the leaders of the All-Star balloting after the first 12 days of the fan vote and it has sprung a few surprises.
Starters for the game are determined by a combination of fan voting (50 percent), voting from current players (25 percent) and voting from basketball media (25 percent).
Durant and Curry aren't the only Golden State players doing well in the fan voting.
Powerball, Mega Millions jackpots swell to almost $800M
According to a Sunday news release from the Iowa Lottery, someone bought a Powerball ticket in Iowa worth $1 million. The official Ohio Lottery site offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
Through 38 games, the two-time All-Star MVP is averaging 27.5 points, 8.1 rebounds and a career-high 9.1 assists per game. Voting will conclude on Monday, Jan. 15 at 11:59 p.m. ET. The two captains will then draft a team based on the pool of players.
- Flu cases up in NY state
- Storm Eleanor could put lives at risk as 80mph winds batter Britain
- 'Games of Thrones' season 8 release date: HBO confirms fans' worst fears
- WTI Crude Oil Price Hits 60 bbl, Highest Since Mid
- Supermoon New Year's 2018 Tonight
- Khloe Kardashian reveals baby name pre-baby
- First look for Shah Rukh Khan's upcoming film revealed!
- Justin Timberlake Announces His New Album With A Blockbuster-Level Trailer
- LG packs its first ever 4K projector for CES 2018
- How an worldwide flight took off in 2018 and landed in 2017