Natalie Portman wants some more women in her life.
The actress graced the 75th Annual Golden Globe Awards on Sunday night to announce the victor for the Best Director category, which to the dismay of many included only male directors.
Announcing the nominees for Best Director alongside Ron Howard, Portman delivered a little bit of truth-a reminder that men still dominate in award shows' biggest categories.
Latte levy: Coffee cups could be banned by 2023
Starbucks now offers customers a 25p discount on drink orders if they bring their own reusable cup. The trial will begin next month and initially last for three months.
The two followed a rousing speech by Cecil B. De Mille honoree Oprah Winfrey who had promised girls and young women watching the show that 'a new day is on the horizon. When it was her turn, with an ice-cold expression, she said, "And here are the all-male nominees".
The statement won rave reviews on social media.
Immediately after Natalie's bold comment, stars like Jane The Virgin actress Gina Rodriguez, 33, and How To Get Away With Murder's Matt McGorry, tweeted their praise for Natalie.
Roy Moore's Jewish Attorney Is Actually a Christian
Corfman said she later arranged to meet Moore and that he took her to his home and initiated the encounter. Corfman, and accused her of political motivations in speaking with The Washington Post: "I don't know Ms.
'Me and my friends just bawled out eyes out at Oprah's speech. She took home the award for Yentl in 1984. "That was 34 years ago", she said. "We need more women directors and more women to be nominated for best director".
In my humble opinion, I was very disappointed that director Dee Rees and her powerful film @mudboundmovie wasn't even nominated.
TWITTER REACTS: Norwich's FA Cup draw with Chelsea
Chelsea are unbeaten in 13 matches against Norwich in all competitions since a 3-0 defeat in December 1994 under Glenn Hoddle. A lacklustre Chelsea were held to a 0-0 draw by Norwich City at Carrow Road in the third round of the FA Cup .
A female-directed movie ended up receiving top awards this year, however. For the first time since 2003, both the best drama and best musical/comedy victors (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri and Lady Bird) were toplined by female actors.
- Ticket Service Fandango Adding Google Pay as Digital Payment Option
- Conte On Barkley: He Has Great Potential
- It's So Cold in the US Temperatures Will Set New Historic Lows
- Storm to bring snow, then explode as 'bomb cyclone'
- Bolivia Slams US 'Clumsiness' at UNSC Meeting On Iran Protests
- Nokia 6 (2018) announced with thin bezels and bothie camera
- Attorney General Rescinds Obama-Era Marijuana Guidelines
- SpaceX to launch mysterious Zuma payload Sunday
- Saints season-long dominance of Panthers continues in 31-26 wildcard win
- Triple talaq Bill in next Parlt session