Here is the latest from WPC regarding the East Coast winter storm for Wednesday and Thursday.
The "bomb cyclone" is expected to move up from the Florida coast and rapidly intensify as it heads towards eastern New England.
Bombogenesis, or a storm bombing out, means the surface pressure of the storm will drop 24 millibars in 24 hours, or at the rate of 1 millibar per hour.
You can now control your microwave through Amazon's Alexa
You might, for example, tell Alexa to set the microwave for 3 minutes or ask Alexa to preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Instead of pressing multiple buttons to enable advanced microwave features, users can simply use their voices.
As bone-chilling cold takes hold of parts of the United States, more ferocious winter weather is on its way. After a series of snow storms, temperatures are expected to plummet Thursday in record-setting freezes.
The winter mix along with low wind chills could cause widespread power outages and ice over roadways, making commuting treacherous for millions of Americans from northern Florida to southern Virginia, the National Weather Service said in a series of warnings.
While bomb cyclones are merely a meteorological description of a storm and are not named to describe their impacts, they are often heavy storms that are accompanied by hurricane-force winds, dumps of heavy rain or snowfall and flooding along coasts. Winter Storm Warnings have been issued across the Florida Big Bend and south central Georgia areas.
Expect specific action on Pak. this week, says US
The Trump administration has already withheld $ 255 million in military aid - part of a $1.1 billion package approved by US Congress in 2016.
Wednesday-morning driving conditions in the Charleston, South Carolina, area were becoming "rapidly unsafe", according to the weather service. Five to 8 inches of snow is expected to fall with sustained winds of 20 to 30 miles mph, and gusts up to 50 mph. The difference between the two air masses helps to strengthen the storm system.
Pressure and wind visualization of storm off the coast of New England on Thursday. When the storm has ended, the entire coast is expected to be hit with another wave of frigid air.
Powerball ticket sold in central Iowa wins $1 million prize
Five Iowa Lottery players have now claimed prizes of at least $1 million in calendar year 2017, all of them in the Powerball game. According to Mega Millions , it would be the eighth-largest jackpot won in the game's history if the winning numbers are drawn.
Snowfall amounts in DE are dependent on the track of the storm, according to National Weather Service meteorologist Mike Gorse.
- Twitter Shares Statement on Why Trump Still Hasn't Been Banned
- Kmart to close 64 stores this spring, including one in Cabot
- Now, Serena Williams pulled out her name from Australian Open 2018
- N. Korea Re-designated by United States for Violating Religious Freedom
- Apple's latest acquisition will bolster its tools for app developers
- FCC's Ajit Pai cancels CES appearance following 'death threats' over net neutrality
- Marleau, Leafs win rematch with Sharks in shootout
- Wixen Music Publishing Sues Spotify for $1.6 Billion Over Alleged Copyright Infringement
- First returns of NBA All-Star voting by the fans released
- HP Recalls 50000 Laptop Batteries Over Fire Risk