According to IDC's research director Francisco Jeronimo, Google doubled shipments of Pixel smartphones in 2017 with 3.9 million units sold. However, that figure barely makes a dent on the smartphone market, as Apple ships that many iPhones in less than a week. And it's just a sliver compared with the 77.3 million iPhones Apple sold in the last quarter alone.
As hinted above, Google could have more success in attracting consumers by expanding the availability of the Pixel line. Google has done better with the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL stock, but the phones are also quite expensive. That means Apple needed 4.6 days to sell 3.9 million iPhones - mind you, these aren't iPhone X units, as Apple did not divulge the actual split for the period.
Champions League: Pochettino says Tottenham will go to Juventus to win
The Tottenham striker is having another excellent season and now leads the Premier League charts with 23 goals in 26 games played. "The fans and the players have to work with each other as we did in those games and from then forward we've been really strong".
Pixel smartphone sales are certainly heading in the right direction, validating the company's recent push into making Google hardware. Even five months after the launch of the Pixel 1 at the end of 2016, the company couldn't keep the phone in stock on the Google Store.
The Newest: Netanyahu speaks to Russia's Putin about Iran
Russia's foreign ministry is expressing concern over Israeli missile strikes in and is urging the sides to avoid escalating the situation.
This is the second time Google has acquired a smartphone manufacturer.
Further, the original Pixel and Pixel XL were released in October 2016, meaning they were only available for a portion of that year whereas they were available for the whole of 2017.
His West Wing rattled, Trump casts doubt on aide's exit
The FBI informed the White House of these charges, which held up Mr Porter's application for a permanent security clearance. Reuters has not independently confirmed the allegations against Porter, or against Trump.
Solving the stock issues with the Pixel 2 this year is a big improvement, but if Google really wants to compete in sales numbers, it has many more problems to solve.
- AMP Stories will Bring Snapchat-Inspired News Format to Google Search Results
- Who Is Kim Yo-jong, Sister of North Korean Leader?
- Winter Olympics opening ceremony sees Intel use record 1218 drones
- Qualcomm Snapdragon X24 LTE modem sampling started
- Rahul asks 'pro-rich Modi' to waive farmer loans
- Carlos Cordeiro elected US Soccer president
- NY attorney general files civil rights suit against Harvey Weinstein, Weinstein Co
- South African ruling party leaders meet amid Zuma limbo
- 6N: Beauxis to start at flyhalf for France against Scotland
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, Note 5 Pro Launched, Mi TV Next