Two Army officers were martyred in a terrorist attack on the Sunjuwan Army camp in Jammu in the early hours of Saturday.
Following the attack, the area has been cordoned off while an operation is underway to nab the terrorists. The injured include a lieutenant and his daughter, reports said. However, Choudhary later succumbed to his injuries, The Indian Express reported. The terrorists, according to the police sources, entered from the rear side of Sunjwan army camp where family quarters and many schools are located, they said. "They've been cornered in one of the family quarters".
An Indian Army soldier sits in armoured vehicle as others take position at the Sunjwan Army camp in Jammu India.-- AP
Terrorists attacked the Sunjwan Army camp in Jammu early on Saturday.
Meanwhile, In the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly, BJP MLAs raised anti-Pakistan slogans, following which the House was adjourned for 15 minutes. The injured include one Hawaldar and his daughter.
TrendForce reveals who is winning the smart speaker race
Apart from the launch markets, Apple has revealed plans to bring the smart speaker to France and Germany this spring. From the look of it, Apple sees HomePod mainly as a way to extend the reach of its Apple Music service, not Siri.
"Around 4:55 am suspicious movement was noticed by the santri; santri bunker was sacked upon and they retaliated". Twelve soldiers were killed and seven others were injured in that attack before the two "fidayeen" (suicide attack) terrorists were killed.
Dr Shahid Iqbal Choudhary, District Development Commissioner, Rajouri, tweeted, "Terror attack in heart of Jammu city is a worrisome development". This is the second time it has been targeted in 10 years.
General Motors beats the Street with fourth-quarter report card
David Einhorn decreased its stake in General Mtrs Co (GM) by 36.88% based on its latest 2017Q3 regulatory filing with the SEC. It fall, as 66 investors sold GM shares while 322 reduced holdings. 38 funds opened positions while 85 raised stakes.
Militants had attacked the same army station in 2006.
Revealing Rafale deal details not in national interest: FM
Jaitley said in Rajya Sabha we inherited 4.5 per cent fiscal deficit from UPA and have brought that down to 3.5 per cent. In a tweet, Rahul has lashed out at Jaitley who had said the Congress chief is ignorant of the rules of the government.
- Kristaps Porzingis suffers torn ACL and will be out for the season
- Canada sells 16 helicopters to Philippines after drug war row
- Dow plunges 1175 points in worst day for stocks since 2011
- United Nations asked to exempt blacklisted individual to attend Olympics
- Key source code for iOS's iBoot leaked on GitHub
- Steve Wynn Resigns From Company Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- Jacob Copeland's mom storms off after commitment to Florida
- Drake Gives Miami Student $50000 Scholarship
- Published iPhone Source Code Is The 'Biggest Leak In History'
- Trump Wants Pentagon To Stage Military Parade Down Pennsylvania Avenue