More than 1,200 drones were on display at the opening ceremonies of the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea-and they delivered an outstanding performance. The drones themselves were just a foot long and weighed eight ounces, but thanks to Intel's Shooting Star service, which controls the drones in unison, more than a thousand can take to the sky to create visual experiences. You can read an in-depth explanation of how Intel made everything work, setting a record for the "most unmanned aerial vehicles airborne simultaneously", here.
For the Olympic show, Intel's drones were programmed to paint the sky with colorful imagery, including a 3-D picture of a snowboarder that morphed into the Olympic rings.
"And while more drones does provide a broader canvas, it perhaps more importantly affords a better sense of depth". Finally like transformers in the sky, then changed again to form the intersecting Olympic Rings.
Bundle up: Winter weather advisory issued for all of DFW, sleet possible
Additional snow accumulations of up to one half inch and ice accumulations of up to one tenth of an inch are expected. We'll remain dry both Monday and Tuesday before rain chances return Wednesday and Thursday .
This convergence of technology and art broke records according to the Guinness Book of World Records.
In addition to the opening ceremony, the drones will be used throughout the games, creating light-filled formations every night from February 10 to February 24 during the nightly victory ceremonies.
"We are honoured to have Intel drones playing several roles at the Olympic Games", said Anil Nanduri, vice president and general manager, Intel Drone Group.
Rahul asks 'pro-rich Modi' to waive farmer loans
Lashing out hard at the Prime Minister, Gandhi said, "Modi ji stop giving speeches and start working, because you don't have much time".
Tis the season. The Winter Olympics have begun, a long-awaited time period where athletes from all over the world, from countless countries, come together to compete for a gold medal and a place in history. Previously held by Intel's high water mark of 500 drones flying together in 2016, the 1,218 drone flight will be a historic one. The drones were able to coordinate using a combination of precise coding and four billion color combination enabled by onboard LEDs.
Looks like it's gold for Team Drone.
Canada sells 16 helicopters to Philippines after drug war row
Trudeau said during the November summit that he called out Duterte over "human rights, the rule of law, and specifically extrajudicial killings".
- US Killed Over 100 Pro-Govt Fighters in Syria
- Frank Reich top candidate for Colts head coaching job, report says
- NY attorney general files civil rights suit against Harvey Weinstein, Weinstein Co
- German foreign minister slams likely successor for betrayal
- Oxfam revelations lead to more accountability for charities
- The Newest: Netanyahu speaks to Russia's Putin about Iran
- Swansea City v Burnley Preview: Swans Aim To Stretch Unbeaten Run
- Saranac Lake's Chris Mazdzer wins first ever men's luge singles medal
- [Newsmaker] President Moon cautious on North Korean leader's invitation to Pyongyang
- 6N: Beauxis to start at flyhalf for France against Scotland