The burgeoning actor, now known for his portrayal of a young Erik Killmonger in Marvel's Black Panther, reportedly earned $1,000 a day during filming for the superhero flick, earning a guaranteed paycheck of $7,654 according to a contract obtained by TMZ. The 2001 original opened $47.7 million and grossed $274.7 million worldwide, but the big-budget 2003 sequel flopped, opening with $21.8 million domestically and grossing $156.5 million worldwide.
"Black Panther" has totaled a stunning $605.4 million in 31 days.
In fourth, down two spots from last week, was Disney's science fantasy adventure "A Wrinkle in Time", at $16.6 million, a 50 percent drop from last weekend.
Vols upset by Loyola Chicago, 63-62
Marvin Bagley finished with 22 points, Gary Trent added 18 and the entire starting lineup finished in double figures. He scored 22 points, one shy of a season high and most he'd scored since getting 23 against Monmouth on December 9.
Digging in its claws, "Black Panther" clung to its domestic box office lead for a fifth straight week, taking $26.7 million as Disney's other marquee release "A Wrinkle in Time" crashed and burned, data showed Monday.
The Christian drama I Can Only Imagine blew away expectations to open with $17.1 million.
Internationally, the remake earned an estimated $84.5 million, bringing its global total to an estimated $102.5 million.
Jones insists beaten England can bounce back by World Cup
But Jones says this campaign will benefit England in the long term and is adamant they have taken strides forward off the pitch. Ireland , seeking their third grand slam following clean sweeps in 1948 and 2009, top the standings on 19 points.
"Black Panther" will face competition next weekend from Universal-Legendary's launch of "Pacific Rim: Uprising" and Paramount's animated comedy "Sherlock Gnomes".
But it did gang-busters overseas tapping into $102.5 million for a worldwide take of $126 million. according to Box Office Mojo.
Federer stretches ideal start to 16-0
The German won 15 titles on the ATP Tour, the last two coming in 2013 when he triumphed in Munich and Vienna. Williams returned to the top 10 a year ago after being runner-up at the Australian Open and Wimbledon.
- Likely 'Putin's decision' to order use of nerve agent in UK
- Instant analysis of Colts' trade with Jets in 2018 NFL Draft
- Britain says likely that Russia's Putin made decision for nerve agent attack
- In tit-for-tat move Russian Federation expels 23 British diplomats
- Mourinho slams United's "lack of personality and desire"
- DUI patrols for St. Patrick's Day planned in Manhattan Beach
- Welcome to Spring snow storm targets New York City
- China propaganda kicks into overdrive as Xi re-anointed president
- Turkish forces and Syrian allies drive Kurds from Afrin
- Little Caesars FREE Lunch Combo on April 2!