A report in the Houston Chronicle on Saturday claimed the Texans were adopting an unofficial policy of not considering free agents who had taken part in protests, but the franchise have condemned the reports as "categorically false and without merit".
"There are many who believe if McNair could field a team with all-white, all-conforming all-pro talent, he would", Solomon wrote.
White House on lock-down as man shoots self
A man apparently shot himself beyond the north fence line outside the White House on Saturday, a law enforcement official said. He tweeted from a White House briefing room that "shots have been fired" near the North Lawn of the President's home.
At least one NFL team is putting its foot-down after an entire season of professional athletes choosing to "take a knee" during the performance of the United States national anthem; intentionally avoiding free-agents who disrespected the American flag.
During the fall, Texans owner Bob McNair caused controversy when he reportedly said during a league meeting that "we can't have the inmates running the prison", in regards to the ongoing protests.
Scott McTominay commits worldwide future to Scotland
I think his own heart is more important than my advice, because my advice is purely from the career point of view. Both England and Scotland are involved in a tug-of-war over luring him into their global set-ups.
It's one thing for the Texans not being interested in players who protested. After the report surfaced regarding his words, Texans star DeAndre Hopkins skipped practice and other players contemplated a walk out.
Trump has been sharply critical of the NFL's protests, and his comments at a rally in Alabama before Week 3, in which he advocated that teams fire "son of a b-" players who declined to stand during the anthem, sparked large demonstrations by players before games across the league. It will certainly be worth watching as the free agency period progresses.
Samsung Galaxy S9 takes best screen and camera quality crown
DxOMark tests cameras thoroughly and rates them for their photo and video performance, then gives them a combined score. Samsung's 2018 flagship phone , the Galaxy S9 (and larger Galaxy S9 Plus ) are both available for preorder as of 9 p.m.
- United States stocks close sharply lower on rate worries
- Rita Moreno Re-Wore Her 1962 Oscars Dress To This Year's Show
- Snow showers heading towards West Michigan
- Florida lawmakers shoot down ban on AR-15's
- John Kelly admits he knew about White House clearance problems previous year
- PNB scam: ED attaches 41 properties of Mehul Choksi
- Emma Watson's new 'Times Up' tattoo has a typo in it
- ACC Men's Basketball Tournament bracket released
- West Virginia legislators rush to compromise, end teachers strike
- France to set age of sexual consent after rape outcry