"We are aware of the issue and it will be addressed in an upcoming software update", the iPhone-maker said in a statement to MacRumors.
WWE Smackdown: Daniel Bryan is cleared to wrestle
The timing of the news is fortuitous for WWE fans as the company's biggest event - WrestleMania - is less than three weeks away. He could wrestle a broom to a five-star show, nevermind another outrageously talented performer like Daniel Bryan .
MacRumours replicated the bug on an iPhone X in its own tests, between iOS 11.2.6 and the current iOS 11.3 beta.
But it turns out there's a very simple way to read these hidden notifications even if you can't unlock the phone: Just ask Siri to read them to you.
Now, if you want to read notifications, you have to unlock the phone using Face ID, a password, or some other form of authentication.
It's particularly concerning that this affects Signal notifications, as the app is primarily favored for its encrypted messaging features that provide extra security.
Police arrest suspect wanted in beating of autistic man in Mississauga
Shortly after the video was released, police said that evidence suggested the three suspects were from British Columbia. An investigation determined she was outside the bar with her boyfriend when he physically assaulted her.
We accept that there are regulatory reasons why a lockscreen isn't allowed to lock out absolutely everything: in an crisis, you want to be able to dial 112, 911, 999, 000 or whatever the relevant emergency number is without fumbling your way through an unlock code first.
To disable notifications for apps, you need to go to Settings, then select Notifications. But it looks like Siri can surpass this security layer quite easily. Siri didn't check and make sure that the owner of the phone was the person who's making the request. This helped confirm that, strangely, iMessage and SMS were unaffected, whereas applications such as Facebook Messenger, Apple Mail and plenty more. Go to Settings Siri & Search and toggle Allow Siri When Locked to off.
Under the "When Unlocked" setting, you can choose from "Always" and 'Never'.
Selena Gomez Perfectly Claps Back At Her Body Shamers
A tearful Gomez dedicated the award to her and said: "To be honest, I think Francia should be getting this award". Some trolls were saying that she looks "fat or pregnant" as a result of some of the obtrusion from the surgery.
- The Weinstein Company Voids Non-Disclosure Agreements In Bankruptcy Filing
- Fuming Donald Trump Defends Vladimir Putin Embrace After Damaging Leak
- USA deeply concerned over Turkish military operations in Syria's Afrin
- TL;DR: Elgar, Morkel put South Africa ahead on attritional day
- NCAAs amp up the March Madness
- European Union must consider Iran's missiles, regional role: France's Le Drian
- Teen remains in critical condition as authorities investigate Md. school shooting
- RCB captain Virat Kohli set for English county stint after IPL 2018
- US Accuses Iranian Tech Firm And Its Employees For Coordinated Cyber Attacks
- Family disputes police account in shooting of unarmed California black man