According to the company, the feature "enables users to make one-way announcements to all of the Echo devices in their house", acting as a one-way intercom. And it won't be Alexa telling them, the user's own voice will be the one heard over the Echo speakers.
Aside from the usual audio tricks - answering questions, playing music requests, and so on - Alexa on Fire tablets will also visual content with some of its responses. If you're trying to concentrate and want everyone to shush, say "Everyone be quiet" and it will be accompanied by a ssshhhh sound.
Crew Members Presumed Dead After Marine Corps Helicopter Crashes Near El Centro
Previous: Four crew members who were aboard a Marine helicopter are presumed dead after it crashed near the U.S. -Mexico border. The names of the dead were withheld pending notification of their families, which typically takes about 24 hours.
So, for example, if you're preparing dinner for the whole family, an announcement could summon everyone to the dining room.
It is a sweet feature for households that have not yet bought a second Echo speaker.
Mortgage Brain says Amazon's Alexa boxes can now ask consumers a few questions and then search through more than 10,000 loans to find suitable products.
Prince Philip in 'good spirits' after hip surgery
The Palace said Prince Philip was "comfortable and in good spirits" and is "progressing satisfactorily at this early stage". Ananda Nanu, the board's president, said hip replacement patients need strong pain relief after their operations.
Amazon did clarify that, as of right now, Alexa Announcements will only be rolling out to US and Canadian customers. "Alexa, tell everyone..." and "Alexa, broadcast..." followed by your message.
Alexa Announcements rolls out in the U.S. and Canada today and although there's no word on when it will be introduced to other territories, it would be surprising if it didn't eventually.
Central AL Forecast: Cold Thursday Start, Storms Friday/Weekend
The storm threat is expected to end by Saturday with a another cool down expected by Sunday, according to the weather service. There is going to be about a 30-degree temperature difference between Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.
- Russian Federation says 1100 have evacuated rebel stronghold Ghouta
- Little snow but heavy winds expected throughout Wednesday
- Stocks Whipsaw Investors After Powell Rate Hike
- Migrant caravan drops plan to travel to US-Mexico border
- Spotify valued at $26bn in unusual stock debut listing
- US stocks open lower on escalating US-China trade dispute
- Colorado State University releases forecast for upcoming hurricane season
- Apple is experimenting with touchless gestures and curved screen iPhones
- John Krasinski Is Very Interested In A Fantastic Four Reboot Role
- Apple poaches Google's top AI executive to help Siri