A bus taking passengers to the Masters golf tournament flipped over on a Georgia interstate on Thursday, injuring numerous people.
The states' transportation department said the entire eastbound of the highway remained closed late Thursday morning.
COLUMBIA COUNTY, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) - According to officials with the Columbia County Sheriff's Office, the driver of the bus, 61-year-old Steven F. Hoppenbrouwer, has been charged with DUI and Failure to Maintain Lane. The bus was driving patrons to Augusta National to attend the tournament when Hoppenbrouwer ran off the right side of the road and tried to overcorrect.
Nine of the injured passengers were taken to Doctors Hospital in Augusta, which said in a statement that one passenger was in critical condition Thursday afternoon. He said passengers told authorities the bus had drifted off the edge of the roadway before it veered and crashed.
Migrant caravan drops plan to travel to US-Mexico border
Most of the migrants joined the caravan in hope of reaching the USA and escaping from violence plaguing their own countries.
At least two Richmond-area residents were passengers on the bus, but they are fine. He says some patients may require operations and added that none of the injuries appear to be life threatening.
The bus driver has been charged with driving under the influence, the Georgia State Patrol said.
A tour bus traveling through Georgia has overturned sending more than a dozen passengers to hospitals.
18 people were onboard the bus at the time of the crash.
Backpage.com Seized By Feds
Though the site faced heavy pressure from advocacy groups, among others, many defended it under free speech claims. The DOJ alleges that the site has earned $500 million in revenue from prostitution since it was first created.
Jet Executive Limosine owns the tour bus, GSP said. "They are fortunate. They went to a hospital to get checked out", Claud said.
A man who answered the phone number listed for the limousine company based in metro Atlanta declined to comment.
The crash caused I-20 to shut down in both directions, but the interstate later reopened.
Viktor Orban predicted to win third term in Hungary elections
After casting his vote in a wealthy district of Budapest, Orban said: "From here I will go and take part in mobilizing voters". If Orban wins again, he is expected to continue his economic policies, with income tax cuts and incentives to boost growth.
- USA places sanctions on seven Russian oligarchs, 12 companies
- Amazon Key now available across the US
- Central AL Forecast: Cold Thursday Start, Storms Friday/Weekend
- Deaths Reported After Vehicle Ploughs Into Crowd in NW Germany
- Lawsuit: Ancestry DNA test reveals woman's biological father was parents' fertility doctor
- Emotional Campbell gets gold as Australia continue medal rush in pool
- NY Officials Denounce Trump 2020 Census Immigration Question
- Body Of Missing CDC Researcher Found, Police Confirm
- Former South Korean president Park jailed 24 years for corruption
- Trump hits Manchin over tax bill vote at West Virginia event