The Kookaburras are the number 1 ranked team in the world and go into the tournament as strong favourites, aiming to win their sixth consecutive Commonwealth Games title.
Australia slowly overpowered the English riders and flew home in three minutes 49.804 seconds - shaving almost half a second off the 3:50.265 record which Great Britain set in Rio two years ago.
Bronte and Cate Campbell powered Australia to a world record in the women's 4x100m freestyle relay to cap the first day's competition in the pool at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games on Thursday.
Falling space station's re-entry, landing site viewed as a success
The single-module station measured some 34 feet (10.4 meters) long and had a diameter of approximately 11 feet (3.4 meters). Chinese authorities suggested in a statement that the world was interested in the Tiangong-1's re-entry out of jealousy.
Horton's victory delivered Australia its first swimming gold medal at the Gold Coast Games.
"I probably feel more emotion winning here than in Rio because the whole crowd is cheering - that didn't happen so much in Rio", Horton said.
"I put so much training into my craft to demonstrate to people that boxing is not just a slug fest, but a chess game", she previously told Daily Mail Australia.
Australian Cycling Academy members Sam Welsford and Kelland O'Brien combined with Alex Porter and Leigh Howard to win Australia's second cycling gold medal at Anna Meares Velodrome.
Spotify valued at $26bn in unusual stock debut listing
But on an operating basis, excluding some financial transaction costs, Spotify lost $465 million, 8% worse than the previous year. Spotify's core business is online music streaming services that allow customers to play music through the internet.
That was 0.374s quicker than a New Zealand foursome had gone before.
England are a distant second on 14 total medals, seven of which are gold.
Wilmott, beaten by Miley in the 2014 Glasgow final, fought back tenaciously in the final freestyle leg to pip the Scot by 0.26secs with Australia's Blair Evans third. "I knew that this time it could have been me if I just swam the race a little bit better".
Colorado State University releases forecast for upcoming hurricane season
At this point, "We do not anticipate a significant El Niño event this summer/fall", Colorado State researchers said in a release. But, ready or not, the 2018 Atlantic hurricane season begins on June 1.
- Lawsuit: Ancestry DNA test reveals woman's biological father was parents' fertility doctor
- Former South Korean president Park jailed 24 years for corruption
- Magnitude 5.3 Earthquake Strikes Off Southern California Coast
- Victim made a decision to take armed robbery 'into his own hands,' police said
- Amazon Key now available across the US
- Central AL Forecast: Cold Thursday Start, Storms Friday/Weekend
- Migrant caravan drops plan to travel to US-Mexico border
- Zuma's graft case rescheduled for June
- US stocks open lower on escalating US-China trade dispute
- Apple is working on new touchless controls for its upcoming iPhones