"The two leaders will discuss the global campaign to maintain maximum pressure on North Korea in advance of President Trump's planned meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un", the White House said.
Among the topics of the April 17-18 series of meetings: Trade and Trump's planned meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. The venue of the meeting will be Trump's luxurious resort in Florida - Mar-a-Lago.
Abe is also expected to discuss stiff US tariffs on steel and aluminum imports and urge Mr. Trump to exclude Japan, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga told reporters.
A Tribute to the Late Apartheid Struggle Veteran, Winnie Madikizela-Mandela
She spoke of how those were dark and frightening days, but she did not judge anyone who had not stood with her at times. In later life her reputation later became tainted by a fraud conviction and murder accusations, which she denied.
The White House informed about the impending meeting on Monday, April 2.
If Trump raises the issue of a free trade agreement between Japan and the United States, Abe might be pressured to make concessions, Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun reported.
Meanwhile, India is set to organise a trilateral dialogue with delegates from the US and Japan in New Delhi ahead of the Trump-Abe meeting, the US State Department said.
Pregnant Kate Middleton, Prince William Join Queen Elizabeth For Easter Church Services
The lovely couple attended the service without their two children - Prince George , 4 and Princess Charlotte , 2. Kate's dark look was a change from last year's light cream coat and hat by designer Catherine Walker .
India, US, and Japan will also discuss regional and global issues with the government, as well as, the representatives of other sectors and formulate ways to strengthen ties amid growing China tensions.
"I'll talk to Prime Minister Abe of Japan and others - great guy, friend of mine - and there will be a little smile on their face".
Though the White House made no mention of whether the two leaders plan to hit the golf course together when they meet this month, the two have made it somewhat of a tradition to golf together during their two previous meetings.
Syria war: Rebels 'begin leaving last Eastern Ghouta town'
The government's key ally Russian Federation announced on Sunday that Jaysh al-Islam had agreed to an evacuation. Its power largely derived from Saudi aid and its control of an extensive smuggling network in eastern Ghouta.
The president previously hosted Abe at Mar-a-Lago in February of 2017. Japan says 17 people were abducted.
- Any social media accounts to declare? USA wants to travelers to tell
- Trump offers support to EPA head Scott Pruitt amid ethics scrutiny
- Dutch Lawyer Becomes First Person Sentenced In Mueller Probe
- Teenage girl dies in mother's arms after London shooting
- Watch Mets Opening Day vs. Cardinals online
- Egyptian President's Allies Move to Extend His Time in Office
- SB Nation's staff predictions for the 2018 NCAA men's basketball championship game
- Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri praises "extraordinary" Cristiano Ronaldo
- Mark Zuckerberg Says Facebook Will Need 'A Few Years' To Fix
- Corbyn slammed for attending Seder hosted by pro-Palestinian Jewish group