Following a nervy first half Mainz took the lead in curious circumstances when they were given a penalty by Video Assistant Referee system VAR after the referee had already blown for half-time. After looking at replays of a cross from Mainz's Daniel Brosinski striking Freiburg defender Marc Oliver Kempf on the hand, Winkmann awarded the spot-kick and the players were "hauled back to the pitch".
The result moved the home side level on 30 points with Freiburg as the two sides (along with Wolfsburg, who are also on 30 points) continue in their quest to avoid ending up the Bundesliga's relegation play-off place.
Afghan District Governor Among Those Killed In Taliban Attack
His claim could not be independently confirmed and the government did not immediately respond to it. The Khwaja Omari district's administrative head was killed in a predawn assault by the militants.
Mainz went on to win the crucial relegation clash 2-0.
The game itself may have been otherwise unremarkable, but that didn't stop the fans from creating a spectacle of their own as they continued to display their displeasure with Monday night games.
It's been a mess so far with incorrect decisions even after VAR consultation and delays of play lasting up to ten minutes.
Sega Ages Announced for Switch
Lastly, SEGA revealed that a new entry in the Sakura Taisen (known as Sakura Wars in the West) series is in the works. Sega Ages is the label Sega give its downloadable back catalogue.
Indeed, the goal proved to be a major turning point and Mainz put the seal on a crucial victory in the 79th minute when De Blasis capitalised on a terrible goalkeeping error to slot home.
This is the latest VAR-related controversy in a long line of decisions involving the technology. Saier added: "We were under the impression that when the referee blows for half-time that's it".
With concerns remaining, the Premier League have opted not to adopt the technology for next season, however it will be used at this summer's World Cup in Russian Federation.
Victor Oladipo was sacked up by Dan Gilbert's trade comment
Pacers: Indiana has been eliminated by James four times in the past eight seasons. "It's only one game , it's only Game 1". He also said that "experience is the best teacher" and he said that those players now have playoff experience [VIDEO ].
- Kerr says defensive focus inspired Warriors against Spurs
- BJP treating Kathua, Unnao cases in religious, community perspective: Congress
- Rob Gronkowski will not attend start of offseason program, per report
- Six-man PFA Player of the Year shortlist announced
- Starbucks apologizes for arrests of black men in Philadelphia store
- NBA Playoffs 2018: Celtics take Game 1 over Bucks in overtime thriller
- Ronaldo backs referee over controversial spot-kick
- Iran condemns overnight missile attacks on Syria
- Germany, Brazil and Belgium Top Updated 2018 Men's FIFA Rankings
- House resolution would condemn Bevin's comments