Dakota returned to school Monday and didn't want to go alone.
Dakota wore his father's badge around his neck and over 70 officers welcomed Dakota back to school.
Dakota, the 5-year-old son of the late Terre Haute patrolman Rob Pitts, only asked if one of his dad's friends could ride in his father's police auto on his way to school, according to FOX59.
Officer Pitts, 45, was killed during a shootout with a homicide suspect on Friday, May 4.
Retailer Gap apologises for T-shirts with 'incorrect' map of China
In a statement the company said, " Gap Inc. respects the sovereignty and territorial integrity of China ". Aside from Taiwan , Chinese troops marched into Tibet in 1950 to bring the region under Beijing's control.
Several of the officers came forward and presented Dakota with small tokens such as a T-shirt and a police patch.
"Dakota asked his mom if one of his dad's friends could take him to school so she reached out to Rob's friends and families", Les Hamm, a detective with Terre Haute police department told CNN affiliate WTHI TV.
Wolfe was suspected of fatally shooting a 26-year-old man at a home in Terre Haute.
Pitts also leaves behind another son and daughter.
Gulf State Welcomes US Call on Iran Deal
Even before Trump's announcement gasoline prices were almost 50 cents a gallon higher than a year ago. And there is no guarantee that Iran's major customers will comply with new sanctions.
Wolfe was armed with a handgun and fired at the officers, striking Pitts, court documents said.
The suspect opened fire from a second floor Terre Haute apartment building after he was approached by four investigators, police said.
"Blood doesn't always make family and I think the blue family went above and beyond".
If you would like to help THPD's fundraiser, you can purchase a bracelet at the Terre Haute Police Department's records room.
Collegium meet on Justice KM Joseph's elevation to SC concludes
If the Collegium sends it back a second time, as in the present case, the Centre is bound to accept the recommendation. The parent High Court of Justice Joseph is Kerala High Court.
He is the first Terre Haute officer to die on duty since July 11, 2011.
- Oil prices drop as focus turns to Trump, Asian stocks climb
- British nationals kidnapped in DR Congo released unharmed
- Trump seeks to save Chinese jobs at ZTE ahead of trade talks
- Elon Musk says Tesla will be 'thoroughly reorganised'
- National Police Week events today in Middle Tennessee
- Afghan govt building attack kills 15
- Google will soon require OEMs to roll out 'regular' Android security patches
- Russia Warned Iran Ahead of Israel's Extensive Strikes in Syria
- NASA plans to send first-ever mini-helicopter to Mars
- Pro-independence candidate set to become next Catalan president