The battle was over once the Afghan security forces killed the assailants.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack yet.
"Security forces are in the area chasing and fighting them", he said. The battle took place inside a building which houses the state accounts office.
Exit polls is 'entertainment for the next 2 days': Siddaramaiah
However, the low voter turnout in the 28 Assembly constituencies in Bengaluru city has caused concern in the Election Commission . On Saturday, the people of Karnataka voted to elect the members of the legislative Assembly in the ongoing election process.
The incident follows a string of explosions in the country, with the latest suicide twin blasts in the capital city of Kabul killing 25 people and injuring up to 45. Witnesses said the explosions had caused carnage among passers-by. He later said the heavily-armed attackers were also carrying grenades.
Governor Spokesman Attaullah Khogyani told Pajhwok Afghan News nine people have been killed and 39 others injured so far in the attack. "I saw two rickshaw drivers on the ground with their arms blown off", said Khan Mohammad, a local resident who saw the initial blasts and the start of the gunbattle. However, the Taliban is now taking part in its annual spring offensive and has launched a number of attacks in recent weeks.
There's also been heightened security fears around preparations for the elections in October.
How to Watch Premier League Championship Sunday
I think it's a record that will stay for a long time. "I would say more often than not I bet you it's proved wrong", said Moyes. Swansea needed to win, Southampton lose to Man City and there be a 10-goal swing to avoid being relegated on the final day.
Taliban militants and fighters of Islamic State outfit have presence in Nangarhar province, some 120 km east of Kabul.
Last year, USA stepped up its support to struggling Afghan forces, announcing plans for thousands of additional advisers and increasing air strikes in a bid to force the Taliban to enter peace negotiations.
Gulf State Welcomes US Call on Iran Deal
Even before Trump's announcement gasoline prices were almost 50 cents a gallon higher than a year ago. And there is no guarantee that Iran's major customers will comply with new sanctions.
- Congo announces 1st confirmed death from Ebola outbreak
- Trump seeks to save Chinese jobs at ZTE ahead of trade talks
- China launches first domestically-made aircraft carrier
- Russia Warned Iran Ahead of Israel's Extensive Strikes in Syria
- Ahead of Trump-Kim summit, North Korea frees three American prisoners
- United States imposes sanctions on three Venezuelans under drug kingpin rules
- Could disgraced attorney general be charged with a crime?
- Sorry, mom! Severe storms may lead into a soggy Mother's Day weekend
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 Returns to Original Trilogy to Celebrate Han Solo
- N. Korea to hold 'ceremony' for dismantling nuke test site