The first bomb is reported to have been gone off at the Mubi market mosque, killing worshippers; while the second bomb detonated around the second hand clothing section of the market, approximately 200 kilometers away from the mosque.
Daily Sun gathered that the bomb blast is said to have gone off at around 1 p.m. Tuesday as the muslim faithful were getting ready for afternoon prayers.
"I took part in the burial of 68 people".
The official added that security personnel had cordoned off the scenes of the attack.
Who Is QBA? Mexican Rapper Admits Dissolving Missing Students' Bodies In Acid
He was also scheduled to appear as the headliner at the big Rap Fest 664 in Tijuana, Mexico, on April 29. Roughly six people then kidnapped the young students, who CJNG confused for members of a rival gang.
Earlier police said about 24 people had been killed and more than a dozen were hurt. "Immediately after the prayers, he detonated the bomb", he said. Many worshipers at the mosque were reportedly caught in the second blast while they were trying to flee.
"The mosque's roof was blown off".
Haruna Furo, also confirmed the blast. "This is obviously the work of Boko Haram", he said. "Nobody can tell you the number of dead and injured for now".
For several years now, Boko Haram has waged a campaign of violence to try to create an Islamic state in the north of Nigeria.
Oil pares gains, market supported by Iran worries
Crude rose after Israeli intelligence about Iranian nuclear ambitions heightened concern an global accord may unravel. Trading on the Shanghai International Energy Exchange is closed for a Chinese public holiday.
The attack in Mubi town came a day after President Muhammadu Buhari met with US President Donald Trump at the White House and discussed the threat from the Nigeria-based Boko Haram extremist group.
In October 2012, at least 40 people were killed in an attack on student housing in Mubi that was widely blamed on Boko Haram.
There have been repeated suicide bombings in the area, which lies close to the Sambisa Forest in Borno where the militants had a base.
Boko Haram's insurgency in Nigeria has left at least 20,000 dead since 2009.
UNRWA concerned over fate of refugees in Yarmuk camp
The camp has been under siege over the past few years at different times by Syrian forces, Islamic State and rebels. More than 5,000 civilians have fled the area in the face of intense shelling and aerial bombardment.
- Cricket Australia optimistic of India playing D/N Test
- Armenian opposition leader calls for strike
- All TMX markets suspended for the day after technical issues
- Passenger Who Survived Fatal Flight Is Suing Southwest Airlines
- Iran leader: USA pushes Riyadh to confront Tehran, stirs crisis
- Ronaldo, Ramos, Varane left out of Madrid squad to face Leganes
- Pompeo: NATO 'more indispensable than ever' in light of Russian Federation threat
- Star amputee Shaquem Griffin selected by Seahawks
- Watch Fedor Emelianenko KO Frank Mir at Bellator 198
- Marvel's "Avengers: Infinity War" just made history