But what word? This is what has driven the internet apart, with some people reporting to hear "Yanny", and others "Laurel".
Other theories were more plausible. "And the higher frequencies say "Yanny". If you turn the volume up and increase the bass, you'll probably hear "Laurel".
The clip is apparently a result of the McGurk effect, an illusion in which people hear something different from the actual sound due to a visual stimulus. Yanny v Laurel. Why can we not just have peace in our time? Now that this reporter only hears Yanny, all she wants to do is hear Laurel again.
Australia looking into claims that Google collects users' data
While the allegations are not new and they first appeared in November of previous year , the whistleblower remained unknown then. Further, referring to My Account in the settings, it says that users have full control over their data and how it can be used.
The whole debate is a reminder that the internet is an awesome place. Well, experts interviewed by The Verge said it's both like the image of two faces that is also an image of a vase.
So, depending on the person, they can perceive these patterns differently.
So what do you hear?
Special teams failures took Capitals' teeth away in Game 3
But Washington's power play could not connect on its opportunities the way that Tampa Bay had. Less than two minutes later, Victor Hedman made it 3-0 Lightning .
A majority of people claim to hear one or the other, while some insist they can hear both.
What do you hear?
All of these little factors add up to cause absolute pandemonium on the internet. "With a high-quality recording, and if all listeners were listening with the same device, there may not be any confusion". Soon everyone from regular Joes to celebs like Ellen DeGeneres and JJ Watt were talking about it (Ellen thought it was Laurel, but Watt was Team Yanny).
Terrorists Are Trained in Pakistan, India Should Invade PoK: Ramdev
Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said India had maintained outright that the plot for the Mumbai attacks was hatched in Pakistan. He was called to Pakistan by a person who is wanted in for terrorist activities in Mumbai .
Who knows what could happen next.
- Now, Salman Khan speaks up on Kathua, Unnao rape cases
- Dr Mahathir to remain in power one to two years
- Friction over growth drives Seattle conflict over employer tax
- With North Korea, Hillary Is Right on Target
- "Avengers: Infinity War" reaches new milestone at weekend box office
- Guardiola wins LMA manager of the year award
- US, China Discussing Deal on ZTE, Agricultural Tariffs
- Moving US embassy nothing to do with Gaza violence - Nikki Haley
- Boston Celtics Top 15 Draft Picks of All Time
- National Police Week events today in Middle Tennessee