For photos from the scene captured the Waymo van injured in the area of the front left wheel and bumper.
"The Waymo vehicle is not the violator vehicle". However, this accident comes not long after an Uber self-driving auto infamously struck and killed a pedestrian in Tempe, Arizona.
According to local police, a Honda minivan traveling eastbound on Chandler Boulevard swerved to avoid striking a vehicle traveling northbound on Los Feliz Drive.
"There was an occupant in the Waymo vehicle sitting in the driver's seat, who sustained minor injuries", he added. The Waymo self-driving auto was said to be travelling at a low speed which minimised the impact of the crash. He said the vehicle was traveling westbound as it approached an intersection and the Honda sedan was traveling eastbound. Dash-cam video from Uber's fatal accident in March-when one of its cars in autonomous mode struck and killed Elaine Hertzberg-showed that that event was probably avoidable, contrary to initial police statements. It previously announced its plans to test some of its vehicles in the State of Arizona without safety drivers onboard.
'Politically Correct Bedwetters': Georgia Gubernatorial Candidate Rips Boy Scouts for Name Change
Boy Scouts of America made a major announcement this week that the name of one of their staple programs is changing. After being known for 108 years as Boy Scouts the newly coed organization is dropping the "boys" from its name.
Waymo released a video of the incident on YouTube.
When Ducey took the first ride in a driverless auto in December 2016, it was a Waymo vehicle.
In February, Uber settled a lawsuit with Alphabet, the parent company of Waymo (and Google) over the alleged theft of self-driving vehicle intellectual property.
Protesters gather in Russia before Vladimir Putin's inauguration
Among those arrested was protest organiser Alexei Navalny , the anti-corruption campaigner who is Mr Putin's most prominent foe. The authorities regard most of the protests as illegal, arguing that their time and place was not agreed with them beforehand.
"W$3 e've been working to make our roads safer, free up people's time, and improve mobility for everyone", according to Waymo's website.
The van - operated by Waymo - was involved in a crash near Chandler, Arizona.
Brexit: PM given 'ultimatum' on European Union customs partnership option
President Donald Trump meets with British Prime Minister Theresa May during the U.N. The two proposals are meant as alternatives to that.
- Golden State Killer Suspect Doesn't Want Prosecutors Taking Pictures Of His Penis
- Jose Mourinho's post-match interview after Brighton loss was brutal
- Police launch physique cam footage from Las Vegas Bloodbath
- Vladimir Putin to attend 2018 World Cup opening match
- LeBron James passes Jordan to set another postseason record in Game 2
- Narendra Modi should spell out which ideology he follows: Kharge
- This year's Kentucky Derby doesn't feature a clear underdog
- National Basketball Association warns Drake after verbal sideline altercation with Kendrick Perkins
- Here's what to expect — Berkshire Hathaway AGM
- Parkland students brand firearm ban during Pence speech as NRA hypocrisy