Brazil, like Argentina, were held to a goal-apiece draw by the Swiss at Rostov-on-Don on Sunday, a result that would've frustrated their boss Tite given how fancied they were coming into the tournament.
The cat was put amongst the pigeons in Group D last night as Croatia stormed to a 3-0 win against Argentina, and that leaves Iceland and Nigeria with a huge opportunity to progress to the knockout round. And for 90 minutes against Costa Rica, it was more of the same.
Neymar was forced to leave Brazil's training session in Sochi early on Tuesday with a sore ankle, according to team officials.
Hornets agree to trade Howard to Nets for Mozgov
Either way, the Nets current, odd purgatory of not being able to rebuild through the draft of free agency is finally set to end. He averaged 16.6 points, 12.5 rebounds, and 1.6 blocks in 30.4 minutes per game, and shot 55.5 percent from the floor.
Brady's wife, Gisele Bundchen, is a Brazil native and die-hard supporter of the nation's global soccer team. Costa Rica's only World Cup victory against a team from South America was four years ago against Uruguay.
Netizens have come up with all sorts of interpretations of what transpired between the two in the highly charged encounter that saw Brazil strike twice very late in the match to send the Costa Ricans crashing out of the tournament.
Here's Yahoo Sport's favourite images from the day, as the World Cup hots up.
We will not let France bully us -Peru coach
France will meet Denmark and Peru will close out against Australia on Tuesday at 10 a.m. Too often, Pogba tries to do too much, both for France and Manchester United.
A GIF of the tumble instantly shot around Brazilian social media with WAGs asking if Tite himself hadn't been teaching Neymar how to dive.
"If we do the math and start playing for a draw then it will not be successful", captain Aleksandar Kolarov said. "We saw Switzerland were able to take a point from Brazil".
New Zealand leader Jacinda Ardern gives birth to baby girl
UK Prime Minister Theresa May and Australia's Labor Party leader Bill Shorten also congratulated the couple on the birth. She wrote on social media at the time: "We'll be joining the many parents out there who wear two hats".
- Melania 'deliberatelty' wore 'I don't care' jacket to meet child migrants
- Prime Minister hit by dramatic resignation as MPs debate Brexit
- John Oliver Rips Trump Administration for Biblical Justification of Family Separation Policy
- Supreme Court rules in internet sales tax case
- Israeli PM Netanyahu's wife charged with fraud, Justice Ministry says
- Grieve: Brexit amendment will not bring government down
- China says North Korean leader Kim Jong Un to visit Beijing
- Manchester City to start title defence at Arsenal
- Blatter backs England for next European SWC
- Android users can now message from the web