Salem Aldawsari scored with nearly the last kick of the match for the Saudis, shooting from a tight angle inside the Egypt penalty area and poking the ball past El Hadary.
24 - Exactly 24 years ago, Saudi Arabia achieved their historic maiden victory in the World Cup.
It was Egypt who broke the deadlock on 21 minutes as Salah latched onto a long ball before lobbing the on-rushing Yasser Al Mosailem to nestle the ball in the back of the net.
Russian Federation 2018, Group H
Switzerland's 2-1 victory over Serbia on Friday was the first game to see a side come from behind to win. Switzerland in a quarterfinal, if they make it past Group H's top team in their last 16 clash.
It was Egypt's first goal in open play at the World Cup since 1934.
But Salman Al Faraj scored a spot-kick for Saudi Arabia seconds before half-time, just five minutes after El Hadary had saved Al Muwallad's effort, and Al Dawsari fired in the victor with seconds left to secure the Saudis' first World Cup win since 1994.
While Saudi Arabia finish in third place in the group, Egypt end the tournament without a point and have not registered a victory at this competition in seven attempts.
The Green Falcons were, however, awarded another spot-kick in first-half injury-time when Al-Muwallad was adjudged to have been dragged down inside the area by Ali Gabr and, upon consultation with the Video Assistant Referee, the award stood.
OPEC meets Russian Federation and allies to agree oil output boost
The newly proposed increase to production levels may simply help mitigate those recently displaced supplies. "We will reach capacity in the next 3 to 4 months", Scott Sheffield of Pioneer Natural Resources Co. said.
Almuwallad had earlier missed a chance to equalise when El Hadary saved his penalty.
El Hadary started the Group A game at the Volgograd Arena at the age of 45 years and 161 days.
It has been a busy World Cup for both referees and their VAR helpers, who between them have set a new benchmark at the global celebration of football.
Supreme Court rules in internet sales tax case
Lawmakers in the state, which has no income tax , passed a law created to directly challenge the physical presence rule . Thanks to Amazon's nationwide network of warehouses, the company already collects sales tax for the majority of states.
- Harley-Davidson to shift some production out of United States over European Union tariffs
- Musa's brace sinks Iceland for Nigeria
- SCOTUS rules states can collect taxes from online shopping transactions
- The political meaning behind Shaqiri's celebration against Serbia
- Neymar leaves Brazil training session limping on right ankle
- Melania Trump Sets Off To Visit Detained Kids Wearing Bizarre Coat
- Brazil beats Costa Rica in tense encounter
- Trump gives in to pressure, orders end to family separation policy
- Note spotted at training suggests Raheem Sterling could be dropped
- N. Korea still poses N-threat