Former Raptors head coach Dwane Casey is considered the favorite to land the Pistons job.
According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, former Toronto Raptors coach Dwane Casey discussed the position with Detroit owner Tom Gores on Tuesday, which was followed by MI basketball coach John Beilein announcing that he's pulling out of the runningfor the Pistons gig.
Trump Not Planning to Fire EPA Chief Scott Pruitt
On Thursday, The Washington Post reported on another use of government resources to procure a luxury hotel item for Pruitt. Joni Ernst, a staunchly conservative Republican from Iowa, suggested Pruitt should resign.
"It became very clear to me where I was meant to finish coaching", Beilein told the Free Press. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about the matter.
MI head coach John Beilein directs his team during a practice session for the Final Four NCAA college basketball tournament, Friday, March 30, 2018, in San Antonio.
Kevin Durant blocks LeBron James up front
He finished with 26 points in Game 1 but had a poor shooting night, leading many to doubt his value at this stage of the season. And, as we know, no team is flawless - especially not these Cavs. "If we win tonight, then we knot it up at 2-2".
This spring, Beilein guided MI to the national championship game, where his club lost 79-62 to Villanova.
The 65-year-old is Michigan's all-time coaching wins leader with a 248-143 record in 11 seasons at the school. Michigan's made seven of the past eight NCAA Tournaments and made it to at least the Elite Eight in three of those years. "But I would like. the Pistons (to) consider bringing in Isiah Thomas as their president of basketball operations". And according to outlets, Beilein interviewed with the team earlier this week. They reached the national championship game but were defeated by Villanova 79-62.
Liverpool Reach £52.8m Agreement for Nabil Fekir
Fekir's agent has confirmed Liverpool are interested in signing the Lyon midfielder but also warned a deal was far from done earlier this week.
The flirtation between John Beilein and the Detroit Pistons is over.
- 'Attitude,' not preparation, key for North Korea summit
- Warriors beat Cavs to close in on second straight title
- GOP House Members Split on Trump's Russia Claims
- Lava continues to fill Kapoho Bay
- EA Origin Access Premier subscription gets pre-launch games
- Ministry of Environment participates in 'Beat Plastic Pollution' Environment Day
- Soldier killed, four wounded in Somalia operation
- American fashion designer Kate Spade dies
- Former NBA star Rodman to fly to Singapore for Trump-Kim summit
- Mexico takes aim at Trump and USA midterm elections