But as the seconds ticked down, Belgium poured forward and Nacer Chadli grabbed a dramatic victor. And despite dominating possession, Belgium failed to create many other quality chances while Japan looked unsafe throughout the first half on the counter-attack.
As Belgium, 58 places above Japan at 3rd in the Federation Internationale de Football Association world rankings, came out for the 2nd half and soon found themselves trailing to strikes from Genki Haraguchi and Takashi Inui.
Priyanka Chopra Shares Pic Of One Of Her 'Favorite Men' Nick Jonas
Seems like a natural step after Jonas vacationed with the former Miss World's family and friends in Goa just earlier this week. Jonas did it by posting a picture of Priyanka Chopra on his Instagram Stories with the caption "Her" and the heart emoji.
Although Hazard struck the post in the four minutes between the two Japanese goals, Belgium's response to conceding their second was a while coming and it took Martinez's intervention to salvage their tournament.
Inui's goal was a historic milestone for Japan, which had never led a World Cup match by more than a single goal.
Serena Williams is given the No. 25 seed for Wimbledon
Defending champion Garbiñe Muguruza is seeded third, with last year's runner-up Venus Williams seeded ninth. Wimbledon will release the draw on Friday. "I have tried and I should be seeded".
Unfortunately for Japan, the lead would prove short-lived.
Belgium's Marouane Fellaini celebrates scoring his equalising goal.
Japan, however, made it through via weird circumstances.
Paul George Re-Signs With Oklahoma City Thunder And Lakers Lose Out
George re-signed and will join Carmello Anthony, who announced on June 23 that he planned to stay in Oklahoma City too. Grant had his highest points per game average at 8.4 since the 2015-16 year, when he scored 9.7 points per game.
Japan (4-2-3-1): Kawashima; Sakai, Shoji, Yoshida, Nagatomo; Hasebe, Shibasaki; Haraguchi, Kagawa, Inui; Osako. Courtois launched the ball up field and Lukaku dummied a cross from Thomas Meunier, leaving it for Chadli to slot in for the match victor.
- Sanchez hopes Lukaku wins World Cup Golden Boot
- Deschamps and Lloris aware of Messi menace to France's World Cup dream
- Casey leads Travelers by four after firing 62
- Trump Says Saudi Arabia Will Increase Oil Production at His Request
- Cristiano Ronaldo, Portugal Knocked out of World Cup by Edinson Cavani, Uruguay
- Russia-Saudi oil cooperation to bring stability to markets: RDIF's Dmitriev
- U.S. gives Disney-Fox deal antitrust approval
- Women march through Washington against Trump's immigration policy
- Moog warns that Trump trade tariffs pose a threat to its business
- Luis Suarez says 'fully motivated' Uruguay must give everything against Portugal