Monday, 24 September 2018
Latest news
Main » Treacherous Thai cave rescue bid enters day two

Treacherous Thai cave rescue bid enters day two

11 July 2018

He said that the decision to try to rescue the boys and their coach was made because conditions inside the cave were the best they could hope for and that water levels were low enough after days of good weather that it was possible to walk through long stretches of the passage.

The first four boys rescued from a flooded cave in northern Thailand were in good health and demanding fried rice in hospital on Monday, the head of the rescue team said, as divers resumed operations to bring out the remaining members of the group.

Rescue efforts to free a group of trapped schoolboys from a cave in Thailand have now been underway for two days, and an eighth boy has now been freed from the risky complex.

Foreign Minister Julie Bishop this morning said lessons from the initial effort would be applied as two more groups of four are brought out of the cave.

Earlier Monday, Narongsak said the four rescued the day before were in good spirits.

Two boys were brought out on Monday afternoon from a deep cave in Thailand where four were rescued on Sunday, leaving just six more and their soccer coach inside, a military source said.

The mission to save all the trapped is a race against the clock with heavy rain expected this week which would again flood the tunnels with fast-flowing, rising water.

Luka Modric Pleased To Get Through 'Another Drama' At World Cup
They started the tournament with little hope and there were genuine fears that they could go out in the group stage. In the first halftime, we should have had more control of the ball, while in the second half we were dominant.

It had been assumed that the four extracted yesterday were boys, but it emerged that the fourth person taken out was the coach, Mr Ekapol.

Interior Minister Anupong Paojinda had said early Monday that the same divers who took part in Sunday's rescue would return to extricate the others as they know the cave conditions and what to do.

A device by Elon Musk's SpaceX and The Boring Company, created to help rescue the remaining members of a soccer team trapped in a flooded cave in Chiang Rai, Thailand, is being tested in a swimming pool in Los Angeles, California, in this still image taken from an undated video obtained from social media.

The children's families have not been told which boys have been rescued.

The boys who were rescued on Sunday were strong and safe but needed to undergo detailed medical checks, he said.

The saga has dominated global headlines, with the team spending nine days unaccounted for inside the cave before British divers found the emaciated and dishevelled group huddling on a muddy bank.

Expert climbers, divers and Thai Navy Seals have mulled contingencies ranging from drilling an escape route through the mountain to waiting out the monsoon inside the cave.

Murder inquiry launched after Amesbury novichok victim dies
Police say they don't think Sturgess and Rowley visited any of the locations decontaminated after the Skripals' poisoning. Dawn Sturgess, a mother of three, died on Sunday evening the Met said in a statement shortly before 10pm.

"We have not been told which child has been brought out".

The boys, who have not been identified, were kept away from visitors due to concerns about possible infection.

"You start to hallucinate, you see things, you hear things", said Dr. Robert Glatter, emergency physician at Lenox Hill Hospital.

"You can't make a horror movie that would even compare", said Anmar Mirza with the National Cave Rescue Mission.

Their escape led to an explosion of jubilation on social media in Thailand as the rescued boys were rushed to hospital.

"We surveyed the cave to find good spots that we could say OK, from this route to this route, if anything unexpected or there's a panic, we go here, and in this other part, if any panic happens, this is where we're gonna go", he said.

Chelsea demand Martial in Manchester United bid for Willian
If they signed Arthur and Willian , that would leave Barca needing to shift two of Coutinho, Paulinho and Mina. At this point, it's hard to see Willian playing for Chelsea come the start of next season.

Treacherous Thai cave rescue bid enters day two