16-year-old Sunderland striker Sam Greenwood has also been linked with a switch to the Gunners.
The Lucas Torreira deal was awaiting confirmation from David Ornstein and it's great to see that it has finally come.
Torreira has spent the last season impressing everyone who has watched him, and has continued to do so at the World Cup. The 22-year-old is expected to complete his move to the Emirates Stadium once his World Cup campaign finishes, but it appears he's rather intimidated by the prospect of the transfer. With one year left on his current contract, Lorient felt it was the right time to sell, and multiple clubs have been in talks with the player since January, according to RMC.
China unveils retaliatory tariffs on $60B of USA goods in latest salvo
China says the United States is trying to stop the rise of a competitor and it has imposed its own tariffs on USA goods. The ministry said timing of the implementation of the new tariffs on U.S. goods would depend on the actions of the US.
Torreira has a £22.1m (€25m) release clause in his Sampdoria contract but Arsenal have made a decision to pay a premium so they can spread out the payments.
The BBC's David Ornstein tweeted shortly after the full-time whistle that Torreira has agreed on a deal with Arsenal and that his signing and a medical is "imminent".
New Gunners head coach Unai Emery has already signed Swiss defender Stephan Lichtsteiner from Juventus, goalkeeper Bernd Leno from Bayer Leverkusen and Greece centre-back Sokratis Papastathopoulos from Borussia Dortmund.
Samsung Galaxy S8 price drops to only $430 on eBay
Samsung's Galaxy Note 9 , and supposedly its Galaxy Watch are just a week away with its launch event dated Thursday August 9th. This means that the phone will sport a slightly bigger display as compared to the Galaxy Note 8's 6.3-inch screen.
It's fair to say Arsenal fans will be happy if Torreira proves to be half the player Kante has been in England.
"We have natural talents whose value increases exponentially". We bet and we won, paying just €3m.
Prince Harry's Former Audi Is Now Available On AutoTrader
In the listing, the vehicle is priced at £71,900 (approximately C$120,000), with the remarkably low mileage of just 4,464 miles. Prince Harry just made a lifestyle change that has royal fans freaking that a little Prince or Princess may be on the way.
- How to download Android Pie on to your phone right now
- Tuchel Offers "No Comment" On Kante Speculation
- Chelsea boss Sarri confirms crunch Willian talks
- Jurgen Klopp hopeful Roberto Firmino can be ready for Reds season opener
- After a decade, Google finally agrees to censor search results in China
- Bison Nearly Gores Man Who Taunted Him At Yellowstone National Park
- Wildfires spreading across Portugal's Algarve region as temperatures reach 46C
- Trade tensions weigh on oil prices
- Thibaut Courtois fails to report for training in bid to force exit
- Chelsea vs Manchester City, Community Shield