With rumours constantly flying about his desire to return to Madrid, the Belgian refused to train to attempt to force a move through. Real Madrid will have thought they have got a bargain as they paid just £31m for one of the top keepers in world football.
His departure led Chelsea into signing Kepa Arrizabalaga from Athletic Bilbao in a record deal as his replacement.
Courtois added that he feels good, "even though it's never easy to come into a team when they're already in a rhythm", and revealed that he found out he was starting the night before the game.
He told German outlet Het Nieuwsblad: 'In training, you see that the level at Real Madrid is high, ' said Courtois.
Couple ordered to turn over GoFundMe money raised for homeless man
She added, "The money was never given for Mark or for Kate, but they put the money in their own personal account". Bobbitt , a North Carolina native, "had no access to money or food" while living in the camper, Promislo said.
"It's (the Bernabeu) twice as big (as Stamford Bridge), of course, it's a very different feeling".
"If you look forward, you only see a wall of people while at Stamford Bridge you can still see the sky or the hotel behind the grandstand", he said.
A Cristiano Ronaldo-less Real Madrid have kicked off their league season with three wins on the trot and Thibaut Courtois made his debut this weekend in a 4-1 over Leganes.
Pentagon withdraws $300M in funding to Pakistan's military
It also believes that a Pakistani crackdown could be pivotal in deciding the outcome of the long-running war in Afghanistan. This time may be different, however, as new Khan has said he seeks "mutually beneficial" relations with the United States.
Courtois has responded with another jibe, sneering: "I am now experiencing on a daily basis that [Sergio] Ramos is the best centre back in the world".
The Blues ace was linked with Real Madrid for much of the transfer window, before the market shut last week.
Will he ever be up there with Cech?
There was absolutely no reason for Courtois to bring Chelsea into the equation. Forced a club legend out in Cech and then behaves accordingly...
Saban called ESPN's Maria Taylor to apologize after interview
Jalen Hurts , who started most of last season before getting pulled for Tagovailoa in the championship game, also got some time, going 5-for-9 for 70 yards through the air.
- Explosions at a Syrian military airport close to Damascus
- Roger Federer defeats Nick Kyrgios to reach US Open fourth round
- After upset win, Massachusetts Democrat comes out swinging at Trump
- Flyover collapse kills one, injures 19 in India's Kolkata
- U.S. Open 2018: Serena Williams praises Colin Kaepernick, Eric Reid
- Brazil court bars Lula from running in presidential election
- State of emergency declared in Mississippi
- Petrol, diesel prices hit fresh high, go up for 10th consecutive day
- Nishikori advances as Federer, Djokovic eye quarter-final clash
- Ukrainian separatist leader Zakharchenko killed in restaurant bombing